Lennon

Lennon

RRP: £175.06
Price: £87.53
£87.53 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

This version relies heavily on John’s repetitive piano riff (eventually covered over by the choir) with strong vocals from John and sax by Bobby Keys. As the UK’s largest music therapy charity, we use music to enrich the lives of people with life-limiting illness, disabilities or feelings of isolation. Three-quarters of the way to the final take 40, this was the last take to use John Tout’s vibes, which were eventually replaced by strings, and acoustic guitars played by Rod Lynton and Andy Davis.

JOHN LENNON Imagine – The Ultimate Collection - JOHN LENNON

Explore and enjoy the IMAGINE album and the 1971 Ascot Sound Studios & Record Plant Sessions like you’ve never seen or heard them before. Jim Keltner: drums on ‘Crippled Inside,’ ‘Jealous Guy,’ and ‘I Don’t Want to Be a Soldier Mama I Don’t Wanna Die’ John composed the string arrangements to be relatively simple and confidently placed – sometimes strong, sometimes delicate. One of the most exciting discoveries in this project was that the original recordings of the strings sound so beautiful. They are played by some of the very best classical musicians in the world and they were also recorded exceptionally well. Listening to them on their own was a revelation (more about that in the Elements Mixes section).As I have always been interested in those kinds of progressive things to do with sound reproduction, I wanted to create a mix where you could actually feel you were in the studio. The sound would be coming out pretty much like a U-shape – and you’d be sitting in the middle of the U, with some ambience behind you, but not a total surround. Nothing would be artificially ‘surrounded’. I didn’t like the idea of doing a surround sound where you’d be in the middle of the band. But you wanted to be in the studio, so the mix was around you. We inspire, connect & open doors to the music industry so that underrepresented young talent has an equal chance to realise their creative potential. A charity based in Liverpool providing music therapy across Merseyside and the North West in a variety of schools, healthcare settings and our music therapy room in Liverpool.

John Lennon Collection (1982, Vinyl) - Discogs The John Lennon Collection (1982, Vinyl) - Discogs

George Harrison: electric guitar on ‘I Don’t Want to Be a Soldier Mama I Don’t Wanna Die Mama I Don’t Wanna Die,’ ‘Gimme Some Truth,’ ‘Oh My Love,’ and ‘How Do You Sleep?;’ dobro on ‘Crippled Inside’ Experience, in immersive Surround Sound, the moment John and The Plastic Ono Band record each song, raw and live, from a sonic soundstage at the centre of Ascot Sound Studios at John & Yoko’s home in Tittenhurst.John Lennon: vocals, acoustic and electric guitars, piano; whistling on ‘Jealous Guy;’ harmonica on ‘Oh Yoko’ John: We recorded some in Quad too, it’s fantastic, I did the Quad in New York, it’s beautiful. Quad Music!!

HAPPY XMAS (WAR IS OVER) → 50 Acetates for the 50th

Prime examples: When we heard John’s inhalation and exhalation before he sings ‘Imagine’, we teared up. Clearly a conveyance of deep convictions was about to take place. John & Yoko had hired very skilled and experienced sound engineers who used high quality equipment and knew how to mic and record onto tape with great expertise, so the technical quality of the recordings was also excellent. Many of those mics are so good they are still in use today. Tribute by DJ and family friend Elliot Mintz featuring revealing, philosophical, honest and humorous interviews with John & Yoko. Press with Pinched Spine Cover. Pinched covers have bigger letters on spine than other covers. Artist name "john lennon" measures 17 mm on the pinched ones and about 13,5 mm on the others. London-based meeting & support network for retirement-aged classical/jazz/session musicians to reconnect and meet and combat loneliness.Discovered within the footage from John & Yoko’s Bed Peace movie, this is from the day they spent in the Bahamas on the way to Toronto and ultimately Montreal for their famous Bed-In for Peace. John & Yoko are playing the song to an obviously delighted Derek Taylor, their friend and publicist. In short, Yoko courageously provides us with a gift that is exceptionally generous of spirit: we are allowed to witness John as a full and extraordinary human being. Yoko asked Elliot to review his archives to reveal some of John’s thoughts around the subject of ‘Imagine’. Here, he introduces a selection of highlights from their revealing interviews together.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop