Pro-Ject VC-E, Compact record cleaning machine, Silver

Pro-Ject VC-E, Compact record cleaning machine, Silver

RRP: £249.99
Price: £124.995
£124.995 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

PH15, PH16, PH17, PH18, PH19, PH20, PH21, PH22, PH23, PH24, PH25, PH26, PH27, PH28, PH29, PH30, PH31, PH32, PH33, PH34, PH35, PH36, PH37, PH38, PH39, PH40, PH41, PH42, PH43, PH44, PH45, PH46, PH47, PH48, PH49, PH50 The most immediately and potentially attractive feature of the VC-E is its physical size. Unlike my reference VPI 16.5, which is large enough to accommodate an entire LP within its confines, the Pro-Ject VC-E lets the records hang out in the space around its cabinet. Whether this is an advantage to you or not depends on whether space is at a premium in your world and how well your cleaning technique can be adapted to a lighter touch. More on cleaning technique later.

When I acquired the Project VCS, my initial hope would be that cleaning vinyl records using the machine would be faster than cleaning them by hand. Large Appliances - (Washing Machines, Dishwashers, Fridge Freezers etc). Free Local Delivery Service (Cumbria, SW Scotland and NE England*) 2-3 working days. I think they both do a very good job of cleaning vinyl records, and to suggest one is better than the other would be hard for me to do. Based on my experience, I didn’t feel one cleaned records better or more substantially than the other. The basic design of the VC-S has otherwise remained the same, with the same robust vacuum arm and a slightly revised valve assembly with a central separator preventing fingers reaching the motor beneath. A long standing enclosed design with a 30 year history, the VPI offers a high torque motor, heavy duty parts, self-aligning vacuum tube and a powerful suction motor while the internal fluid collection system is made from stainless steel. Also includes a built-in dust cover that closes flush with the top of the chassis, useful to maximise space.The rather swish looking, robust chassis covers the motor which has been damped to reduce noise. Often, lower cost RCMs can be horribly noisy – you feel that you’re sitting next to a hoover running at full blast. Not here. Also, the motor switch allows you to change platter direction while you clean or vacuum in one direction and then in another. Once you’re happy with the fit, start spinning the record and apply a generous amount of ready-mixed cleaning fluid to the record surface. (Pro-Ject recommend 6 – 8ml, which should be just enough to cover the record surface). You can use the goat hair brush to gently apply the fluid, in much the same way as you use a carbon-fiber record brush. The Project VCS is a square cleaning machine that’s very simple in its layout. It comes with a detachable power cord, along with a power button above. On the other side of the machine is where you’ll find two more buttons—one will say MOTOR and the other will say VACUUM. The only real anomaly is the clear plastic disc for protecting the underside of a record when cleaning huge amounts of records in one go. Cleaning Records with the VC-E I’ve championed the Pro-Ject VC-S as being the best value for money vacuum record cleaning machine on the market since the introduction of the original model. The second generation brought some welcome improvements with only a slight price hike. In typical Pro-Ject fashion, the VC-S has always been a well made, well featured and keenly priced machine. And with the launch of the next VC models, of which there are now two, the bar is raised to new heights. Features

We do provide installation options for built-in appliances providing it is simply a case of fitting the appliance and furniture doors. Any additional work to the kitchen units or carpentry work required will need to be completed at the customer’s expense. With an improved, reliable motor the VC-S2 ALU turns the vinyl faster than many other cleaning machines, resulting in a more effective cleaning process, while the motor is made to last for an extended lifetime. I have Hudson, Kaiu and Onzow Zerodust gooey stylus cleaners. There isn’t much between them, but the magnifying mirror on the Kaiu is pretty sweet. I use a Hudson ultrasonic + UV stylus cleaner as required.

The Project VCS record cleaning machine is a very nice product that does indeed do what it claims to do—properly clean records. To achieve the perfect cleaning, we also need a suitable cleaning fluid. Alcoholic cleaning fluids can destroy musical micro information of the grooves. That‘s the reason we designed our new eco-friendly non-alcoholic cleaning fluid called „Wash it 2“. Our new Wash it 2 is a pre-mixed liquid, so you don‘t have to dilute the concentrate yourself anymore. This avoids acidentally using unsuitable tap water for mixing. With Wash it 2 we can optimize the cleaning performance again. The VC-E2 is very powerful and cleans records completely in one to two revolutions. A good quality RCM that is solid, performs well and offers great value for money. Instead of putting the record on a platter, you clamp it to an enlarged spindle which reduces contamination on the non-cleaning side of the record. The RCM also arrives with a hinged dust lid. You can buy this RCM as a ready to go item or in kit form at a reduced price. The motor is noisy, though. The VC-S2 ALU benefits from a large tank that rarely needs emptying unless you’re cleaning an absurd amount of vinyl. In commercial situations, though, you could be cleaning hundreds of records in one sitting, and that’s where a larger tank comes into its own. But two groups of people should take note. First, people who have or may acquire someday an ultrasonic machine. You will need to thoroughly rinse any records that were previously cleaned using the Pro-Ject fluid before cleaning them in your new ultrasonic machine. Second, people who are concerned as a matter of general principle about any product that leaves an unintended, invisible residue on their records.

Put it this way, the plastic disc they supplied out of caution never gets used and instead sits in a container full of old record accessories that I no longer use. And, to better help you decide, please take a look at the interactive guide below, which allows you to directly compare the Project VCS to the Okki Nokki, as well as other notable record cleaning machines. Photo A newly designed aluminium clamp holds the record securely in place during cleaning, and protects the label from any fluid or damage. The metal vacuum arm is easy to use, focusing the suction power directly onto the surface of the records.It takes only a couple of rotations to completely dry the record. Pro-Ject recommend one rotation in forward and one rotation in reverse. I usually double this, and though I don’t fully see the advantage to vacuuming in reverse I do tend to do so as I’ve become so used to the VC-S that muscle memory now takes over the switching action. Summary

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop