beyerdynamic DT 990 PRO Over-Ear Studio Monitor Headphones - Open-Back Stereo Construction, Wired (80 Ohm, Grey)

£9.9
FREE Shipping

beyerdynamic DT 990 PRO Over-Ear Studio Monitor Headphones - Open-Back Stereo Construction, Wired (80 Ohm, Grey)

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

And well they do. I use them daily for the computer usage I described earlier. For a while I took them to school which they handled perfectly. They're sturdy with a metal frame but just light enough that long time wearing is still comfortable. Besides that, the 250 Ohm version is entirely built for professional studio mixing and recording. When using it, it provided better acoustic details, brighter tones and cleaner sound aspects. For the 80 Ohm version, it was lesser in its quality for accuracy and variety in sound. When paired with an amplifier, you can boost the overall sound quality of the 80 Ohm headphones. A desktop amp can help you maximise the potential of the performance of your headphones at a higher volume. Open Diffuse Field Studio

If you’re looking for headphones for studio work, the 250 Ohm pair will be better with its wider frequency response. This is important for the critical listening involved with recording and mixing audio. Our Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro 80 Ohm Headphones review will now give you the finer details of the product. On the other hand, if you have more “professional” listening gear that includes some form of headphone amplification (such as a dedicated external DAC), you might consider going the higher-impedance route to get a cleaner sound at louder volumes. AudiophilesLet me paint a different picture: you just bought a brand-new audio interface and want to record a demo for your new hit song. It’s quite a mellow, intimate tune; you need to record guitar and vocals, possibly at the same time. Regarding the power consumption, the 250 Ohm requires a lot more. As it provides for a higher impedance, that means it needs a larger amount of power to function at its best. If you were to use a similar pair of headphones, like the DT770 Pro 80 Ohm(my personal favorite), you wouldn’t have any problems at all. Therefore, your well-deserved relaxing listening time would be safe. Now, to understand this feature, we need to know what a diffuse field is. A diffuse field means that there is a similar sound pressure in every spot in a certain space. For the headphones, it’s tuned so that it sounds like a speaker in such a space. My first impression when I played some music was like: "My ears! It hurts!" because of the amount of high-frequency content. This was the reason to do the first test with high-frequency rich genres like Trance and Techno.

Besides that, it has a nominal sound pressure level of 96 dB and a nominal total harmonic distortion of 0.2%. The headphones provide a sound coupling that features a circumaural design. This fully covers your ears to maximise the area and range of the ear. In this scenario, you haven’t considered that your headphones’ impedance might be too low for your needs.Headphones must be comfortable, especially if you plan to use them for longer sessions (over 1 hour). Nevertheless, the DT 990 Pro 80 Ohm headphone still proved its worth with its quality, comfortability and reliability in its sound. We were surprised to find it even being capable of competing with the 250 Ohm version headphone. Impedance is the resistance and reactivity to an electrical current present in the headphones. A low impedance, or low Ohms, means less resistance, and high Ohms means high resistance.

The cable that is connected to the headphones is kept inside the stand. You can easily remove the folds to get the cable out. Besides that, you are provided with the instruction manuals and a cloth bag which acts as a carrying case. These headphones had open-seeming highs all the way into the super-high range. In this listening area, the sound of the headphones was, for me, on the threshold of soft and silky edging to sharpness, but without the sound slipping over this range into sibilance. All in all, the Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro 80 Ohm Headphone literally breaks barriers between what’s good for professional and non-professional work. Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro 80 Ohm Headphones Review Summary Being the limited edition means only a certain amount in the market of this product is available. It is limited because of the same exceptional quality, but with a lower power requirement, lower impedance and lighter weight.

Does the Beyerdynamic DT 990 PRO block out noise?

The Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro 80 Ohm Headphone is a headphone that surpasses expectations of what it is expected to be. It’s made with the idea for professional use, but it opens up for more than just that. It brings quality and efficiency anywhere it goes. Don’t get me wrong; you shouldn't blame the headphones if this has happened to you. You just haven’t considered that your headphones' impedance is too high. Our DT 990 Pro 80 Ohm headphone is unique in its own way compared to its other siblings. Unlike the 250 Ohm version, the 80 Ohm allows for lower voltage requirements. This means that the headphones won’t be as demanding as the others. Reading what’s on paper won’t allow us to fully comprehend the potential of this product. For this to be resolved, we need to observe the product through testing. Alright, now let’s learn about the product’s design in our Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro 80 Ohm Headphones review. We can learn more by observing its architecture and functions.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop