Frosted Blueberry Pop-Tarts

Frosted Blueberry Pop-Tarts

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

What is there not to love about a homemade blueberry pop tart recipe? I loved looking at all the different boxes of pop tarts as a kid at the grocery store, I mean a chocolate fudge sundae pop tart for breakfast?? Sign me up. But these homemade pop tarts a whole lot more grown up and (slightly) less sugar, filled with a blueberry jam (but I had to keep the fun sprinkles!) What ingredients do I need for homemade blueberry pop tarts?

Frosted Blueberry Pop-Tarts® | Pop-Tarts®

Store pop tarts in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days or at room temp for 3 days. You can also freeze leftovers (in an airtight container or bag for up to two months) but I doubt you'll have any left over. Key ingredientsYou can your classic flavors like brown sugar cinnamon pop tarts, chocolate pop tarts and really weird ones like pumpkin pie pop tarts. My all-time favorite would be frosted strawberry pop tarts.

homemade blueberry pop tarts - Blue Bowl homemade blueberry pop tarts - Blue Bowl

Pop Tart Ice Cream Sundae: Crumble your favorite flavor of Pop Tart on top of a scoop of vegan ice cream, add some chocolate sauce, and enjoy a delightful dessert. If you’re looking for a healthier vegan alternative to Pop-Tarts, there are a few options you can consider:

It’s so great! To reheat, just set out on the counter to let them come to room temperature, or pop them into the microwave for a few seconds. They taste just as delicious cold as they do warm! The only “vegan” variety that contains natural flavors is the Unfrosted Blueberry flavor, and the issue with natural flavors is that some of the flavors are not vegan. Use a thin metal spatula or knife to separate the pieces of dough and place them at least an inch apart on the silicone mat. Drop two teaspoons of the filling in the center of one piece of dough. Cover with a second piece and press down the edges to seal. Make sure there isn't too much air trapped in between. Use a fork to press down on the edges to 'crimp' them and further seal. Brush the top with the cream-water mixture.

Blueberry Pop Tarts with Lemon Glaze (Eggless) Blueberry Pop Tarts with Lemon Glaze (Eggless)

Lay out two sheets of plastic wrap on the counter. Chop cold butter into cubes. Place it in the fridge while you assemble the other ingredients. Fill a small bowl with some cold water. Swirl an ice cube around in the water to make sure it’s good and cold. Set aside. While there isn’t an abundance of alternatives, I still managed to find one: Bobo’s Toast’R Pastry. Bake the pop tarts for 25 minutes at 350, or until they turn a light brown. Take them out and let cool.Making pop tarts is however, not difficult. It’s just a matter of rolling out your pie crust, slicing it into pieces, filling and baking. Yes, that’s a bunch of steps, but none of them are hard. The thing to remember is constantly chill the pie crust at different stages. After rolling, after slicing, before filling and before baking. This makes it easier to move the individual pop tarts around and they bake up flakier and lighter if they’re cold going into the oven. Fill the pop tarts — Once you’ve cut out the pop tarts, you can assemble them. First brush the edges of the pop tarts with heavy cream (this will help seal the pop tart when you crimp it shut). Dollop 1 tablespoon of lemon curd into the center and slightly spread it out. Do NOT add more lemon curd here. I know it’s tempting, but if you add more it’ll ooze out of the homemade pop tarts in the oven. Dextrose isn’t just used for food but also in the medical world. It is applied intravenously to dogs with very low blood sugar or having a diabetic episode.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop