Process: The powerful instant Sunday Times bestseller

Process: The powerful instant Sunday Times bestseller

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Announcing her memoir on social media, Spraggan went on to describe the process of writing the autobiography as “freeing” and marking “the beginning of a new era”. She also thanked fans for their continued support as she goes to take “a break” from social media. Spraggan also recalled what it was like when Cowell reached out to her in an interview with BBC Breakfast, claiming that his apology meant a great deal to her as it was something that no one else offered.

And while she received both financial and medical support in the immediate aftermath of the crime, she said, she wasn’t given any support after the trial.Such endurance has paid off, but not without a broad stroke of irony. Spraggan is now signed to Syco (the record publishing label owned by The X Factor creator, Simon Cowell, the man who cannily assembled the likes of Westlife and One Direction out of spare male body parts). Years have passed, of course, but on the face of it, it could look as if she is succumbing once again to the dictates of the industry for commercial gain. Spraggan understands why such a thought might occur, but she insists it’s for the right reasons. PROCESS looks at the behind the scenes of a reality music show and Lucy’s career in music, but it’s also so much more: it’s her childhood, her experience growing up as Max, the impact her friendships and family had on her life, her trauma (NB: content inc. suicide, sexual assault and substance abuse), the horrific treatment she received on the x-factor, her travels and, VERY importantly, her beautiful dog Steven. Process is a book about the vicious impact of trauma across a lifetime; it is about Lucy's successes and mistakes, her journey towards sobriety, calm and something like peace. Most of all, Process is an extraordinary story about a gifted artist and an expose of the toxic underbelly of noughties celebrity culture and reality TV. Simon Cowell has issued a statement following former X Factor contestant Lucy Spraggan revealing that she was raped while taking part in the show.

What happened to Lucy was horrific and heartbreaking. When I was given the opportunity to speak to Lucy, I was able to personally tell her how sorry I was about everything she has been through,” he said (via The Mirror).Spraggan takes the reader through an inspiring underdog story from pokey flats above pubs where a future record-making songwriter’s brain began to bloom to the breakdown of a marriage with her career at an all-time high. The X Factor UK (23 September 2012). "Lucy Spraggan's Bootcamp performance - Tea And Toast - The X Factor UK 2012". YouTube . Retrieved 3 May 2019. She added: “As some of the experiences I’m about to share are some of my most vulnerable, I have been so aware that I need to protect my mental health and my head space. From 1st July 2021, VAT will be applicable to those EU countries where VAT is applied to books - this additional charge will be collected by Fed Ex (or the Royal Mail) at the time of delivery. Shipments to the USA & Canada:

Lucy Honour Ruby Spraggan (born 21 July 1991) is an English singer-songwriter. Spraggan was a contestant on for The X Factor in 2012, and she was the first contestant in the show's history to score a Top 40 single and album before the live shows aired, with her independently released album Top Room at the Zoo. Following the show Spraggan signed a recording contract with Columbia Records, and she has released seven studio albums in total. I woke up the next day with this sense of sheer dread,” she said. “I don’t think I’ve ever felt that level of confusion since. I knew that I’d been raped, but I could not process that. So I put my clothes on and went into autopilot.” She said she wanted to make public the reason for her exit at the time but was told it might affect her future career. To our knowledge, the assault was an event without precedent in the UK television industry. While we believed throughout that we were doing our best to support Lucy in the aftermath of the ordeal, as Lucy thinks we could have done more, we must therefore recognise this. For everything Lucy has suffered, we are extremely sorry." Willix, Pierra (15 July 2023). "Lucy Spraggan reveals she was raped during her time on The X Factor and was not given 'enough support' after quitting". Metro . Retrieved 15 July 2023.ITV as a commissioning broadcaster is committed to having in place suitable and robust oversight procedures, with a view to ensuring that independent producers employ the correct processes to protect the mental health and welfare of participants. Additionally, a spokesperson for Fremantle, the British TV company that produced The X Factor described her experience as “truly horrific” and said that “whilst we believed throughout that we were doing our best to support Lucy in the aftermath of the ordeal, as Lucy thinks we could have done more, we must therefore recognise this.” It helped that during the pandemic she lived in the northern UK countryside “about 30 minutes’ drive from a supermarket, so it was me and lots of fields and trees”. Songs for her forthcoming album, Balance, were written during this enforced period of seclusion and while some might consider them niche there’s little doubt as to their confessional nature. Did she feel that she didn’t match The X Factor’s commercially strategic view of what pop stars should be like? Too right, she did. Was she too niche for such a crowd-pleasing audience? Too right, she was. It is, she admits, a much bigger topic to chat about right now (she goes into it in lengthier detail in her forthcoming memoir, Process), but she says she played the game somewhat more than she might have thought. Lucy Spraggan Last Night (Beer Fear) Official Music Video HD. Melmo Films . Retrieved 4 September 2012.

Information and support for anyone affected by rape or sexual abuse issues is available from the following organisations. In the UK, Rape Crisis offers support on 0808 500 2222 in England and Wales, 0808 801 0302 in Scotland, or 0800 0246 991 in Northern Ireland. In the US, Rainn offers support on 800-656-4673. In Australia, support is available at 1800Respect (1800 737 732). Other international helplines can be found at ibiblio.org/rcip/internl.html We have evolved and improved these oversight procedures since the events in question and we are encouraged to hear that Thames recognises the importance of continuous review and improvement of their own processes,” the broadcaster added. “In an event of such a distressing nature, welfare and support towards the victim would always be of the utmost priority.” They added that they have since "done our very best to learn lessons from these events and improve our aftercare processes" and while they have worked hard to try and protect Spraggan's lifetime right to anonymity "we applaud her strength and bravery now that she has chosen to waive that right".Speaking about her experience on the show to the BBC, Spraggan explained that from the beginning she felt like she was made into a "caricature" of herself, that it was "almost like there's a storyline written for you", with it constantly reiterated to her it was a huge opportunity. November 2014 Spraggan showcased new music she'd been working on since The X Factor. On 17 January via Facebook she announced the title of her second studio album titled We Are, which was released on 4 May 2015, and the first single "Unsinkable" released on 12 March 2015. Following the album's release Spraggan embarked on "The Unsinkable Tour". In 2015, Spraggan wrote and sang the "catchy" lyrics for the TV advert for online fashion store Simplybeyou. Later in 2015 Spraggan was signed to CTRL Records. On 3 February 2016 Spraggan announced, via social media, that her new EP would be called Home and due to be released on 9 February. The EP contained 3 new songs called "Home", "Yes, This One's for You" and "Skylights". It also included a new version of "Tea and Toast" which explained the story behind the song. Lane, Daniel. "Lucy Spraggan chats about new single lighthouse". Official Charts Company . Retrieved 29 August 2013.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop