Before Your Memory Fades

Before Your Memory Fades

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Among some familiar faces, readers will also be introduced to: The daughter who begrudges her deceased parents for leaving her orphaned; The comedian who aches for his beloved and their shared dreams; The younger sister whose grief has become all-consuming; The young man who realizes his love for his childhood friend too late . Catch up on the rest of the series with Before the Coffee Gets Cold , Tales from the Cafe and Before We Say Goodbye . The entire café interior was tinted orange by the sun setting in the sky, which created the mood of a faraway land, making it look like taking you back in time is possible. Tears may flow, as our time travellers once again find new vantage points on old beliefs to uncover life-affirming discoveries.

In simple yet elegant prose, with elements of fantasy and magical realism and an interesting cast of characters, the author touches upon themes of love, loss, grief and moving on.From the author of Before the Coffee Gets Cold and Tales from the Cafe comes another heartfelt story of lost souls hoping to take advantage of the cafe's time-travelling offer. I appear to be in a small number of people who didn't like this one so try it yourself if you have read the others and see how you get on.

I knew from the previous two books in this series that I would fall in love with the characters and journeys embarked on within this read. The rules of going back to the past are explained more succinctly, almost mockingly of their rigidity which is different to the previous books, where they were explored more thoroughly. Well I was relieved because I wanted to travel back in time to say something to a certain someone that I never got the chance to say. More of the recognisable cafe owners' stories are revealed, and we also meet wonderful new characters, including the mother and daughter, who in their own independent loneliness travel through time to save each other.Many of the people that we meet share a very similar story as to why they wish to go into the past, to the point where they didn’t feel very distinct. Perhaps it’s because I feel so connected to the people in the stories and I don’t want to say goodbye. More interesting than the second book of the series, but still very much the same story with identical themes and storylines. The other person might not be thinking anything, but there is a tendency to just assume what the other is feeling without reaching out and asking. With his signature heartwarming characters and immersive storytelling, Kawaguchi once again invites the reader to ask themselves: what would you change if you could travel back in time?

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop