High Heat: (A Jack Reacher Novella) (Kindle Single) (Jack Reacher Short Stories Book 4)

£9.9
FREE Shipping

High Heat: (A Jack Reacher Novella) (Kindle Single) (Jack Reacher Short Stories Book 4)

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Child writes the blandest, most uninspired and workmanlike prose (prose is barely the word to describe it really, let’s look at the label as a placeholder) I’ve ever read. Actually that’s not true, the last writer I read who wrote like he were writing inter-departmental memos in a law firm was Tom Clancy who also had a penchant for the military. Alive in Shape and Color (December 2017) Lee’s story is “Pierre, Lucien & Me” based on Auguste Renoir’s Bouquet of Chrysanthemums (1881).

High Heat Three Jack Reacher Novellas: Deep Down, Second Son, High Heat

James Penney’s New Identity / Guy Walks Into A Bar (Nov 2011) available as a digital single in the UK and territories. It's a hearing before a procurement committee on the Hill, and there's a suspicion that one of the liaison officers is selling the design to a foreign manufacturer. Deep Down is set during the 1980s. Reacher is asked to investigate a potential leak of military secrets to the Soviet Union via fax machine from the U.S. Capitol building. The potential leakers are a set of officers working in a committee to flash out the characteristics needed in a new sniper rifle should the Congress decide to fund the creation of a new sniper rifle and buy it. Reacher is added to the committee as part of an undercover operation to figure out who the bad guy is. What is wrong in all this picture, in all those books, is the fact this guy is like a Superman, not just a super-hero, but in a very exaggerated way a Superman type of hero, no matter of other conditions, no matter his age, no matter of the environment, no matter what, this guy is the best in everything, is invincible, with no weakness and with plenty of qualities and traits.The Christmas Scorpion (December 2017) The Mail on Sunday’s two-part story features Reacher. Republished as a Transworld UK and Delacorte US ebook in October 2018. FaceOff (June 2014) Lee and Joseph Finder co-wrote the story “Good and Valuable Consideration” which pairs Reacher with Finder’s Heller. Watchlist (2010) Print edition of previously audio-only serialized novels The Chopin Manuscript (2007) and The Copper Bracelet (2009).

read the Jack Reacher short stories? Have you read the Jack Reacher short stories?

Reacher fans will want to read this just because it's Reacher. Anyone who has not read a Lee Child Reacher novel should not waste their money on this. He's not just physically big, or I should say huge, in great shape, with a dominant presence and heavy fist, but he's also smart, sharp, always able to identify hidden clues, always able to make great deductions that will lead to finding the ideal solution to solve any type of problem, always winning any kind of confrontation, mental or physical, and always being the best among the best, with no flaws just plain old superhero on our side always winning against any villain. Match Up (June 2017) Lee co-wrote a story with Kathy Reichs, titled “Faking a Murderer” which features Reacher and Temperance Brennan. Yes, it's fiction, but no realism and no authenticity in it... because of that and more, I've made my mind, I don't really like Lee Child, even if I wanted to... I may give him, or his books I should say, maybe one or two more chances, just so I can have my conscience clear, just to make sure I don't jump to conclusions too fast, after all Lee Child is still one of the bestselling authors on the New York Times list, but still, this character is way too much to swallow if you're looking for quality... and I for one I am looking for quality and I got used with writers in a totally different league all by themselves...Reacher meets a woman with a problem, and agrees to help her . . . and then the power grid fails and the lights go out, plunging the lawless city that never sleeps into chaos. Top secret schematics for a brand new sniper rifle are being sold to a foreign competitor, at least that’s what army intelligence thinks and they want it to stop.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop