The King's Pants: A children’s picture book to celebrate King Charles III's 75th birthday

£9.9
FREE Shipping

The King's Pants: A children’s picture book to celebrate King Charles III's 75th birthday

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Overall, this is a quick, fun, laugh-out-loud book that I can see children loving so much they ask for it to be read over and over again. If you are an author wanting us to review your book, please read our review policy (link under header) first. Nicholas Allan’s books have been published in over 20 countries worldwide and have won multiple awards – The Queen’s Knickers won The Sheffield Children’s Book Award and The Coventry Inspirational Book Award. But in a boxer-shorts blunder at the Royal Mail, the King's undies have been posted to his subjects nationwide! The tale about a sack of pants that went astray would make an amusing piece of drama and, of course, everyone can design some more differently decorated pants.

The King’s Pants — Just Imagine The King’s Pants — Just Imagine

The King’s Pants: Thirty years ago, a picture book entitled The Queen’ Knickers, created by Nicholas Allan, arrived at the Literacy Centre where I worked. He has a pair for every occasion: Coronation Pants (he can't be crowned without them), Organic Pants (edible in royal emergencies) and even inflatable Space-Pants (because one never knows when they might come in handy). They will learn about Cedric, the loyal Keeper of the Pants, who uses the Royal Pants App to keep a check on the royal underwear. Celebrate King Charles III’s coronation with this hilarious story jam-packed with royal pants from the author of the award-winning, bestselling, funny family favourite The Queen’s Knickers!Andersen will also mount its biggest-ever campaign for an original picture book to cement The King’s Pants as THE book to celebrate the Coronation. Andersen Press will publish as a paperback original, with a flourish of regal gold foiling in April, ready for the Coronation celebrations. Nicholas Allan’s hilarious sequel to the bestselling The Queen’s Knickers is THE Book for Coronation celebrations, releasing everywhere April 2023. It is written in the style of nonfiction – providing information, from which young readers can acquire knowledge of the monarch’s private life.

The King’s Pants for Coronation Andersen Press Pulls Up The King’s Pants for Coronation

Andersen Press have picked-up Nicholas Allan’s The King’s Pants for publication in the lead-up to King Charles III coronation and will mount their biggest-ever picture book campaign cementing this as THE book to celebrate King Charles III Coronation. On the publication of the book, author and illustrator Nicholas Allan has said, “I initially wrote and illustrated The King’s Pants a long time ago, but like an old pair of boxer shorts it has been sat at the bottom of my drawer for many, many years, and now I feel is the right time to bring that original story to light for a whole new audience. He has a pair for every occasion: coronation pants (he can’t be crowned without them), organic pants (edible in royal emergencies) and even inflatable space-pants (because one never knows when they might come in handy). I’m delighted to be working with Sue Buswell again, and the brilliant team at Andersen Press, who I know will get this book into as many hands as possible in the run-up to our new King’s Coronation.

M. Heath, Sue originally worked as Nicholas’ editor for many years, and when the opportunity to publish this hilarious sequel arose she jumped at the opportunity, “It is a real pleasure to work with Nicholas again, and what better book to publishing at this royal moment than The King’s Pants?

The King’s Pants by Nicholas Allan – Book Review The King’s Pants by Nicholas Allan – Book Review

This review was written by Prue Goodwin Have worked in literacy education since 1968 - class teacher, LEA advisor, Linc Project, University of Reading teaching (under grad, post grad and MA modules children's books in education). It could also be a splendid addition to a school library at this significant moment in British history. His books have been adapted into West End musicals, including The Queen’s Knickers, The Giant’s Loo Roll, and Father Christmas Needs A Wee, the latter touring annually. Nicholas Allan's books been published in over 20 countries worldwide and have won multiple awards - The Queen's Knickers won The Sheffield Children’s Book Award in 1994, and in 2011 it went on to be voted as the nation's favourite inspirational book of the last 20 years at the The Coventry Inspirational Book Award. He is also the author of the book that was adapted into the BAFTA-winning television series for CiTV, Hilltop Hospital, broadcast in over 40 countries.The illustrations are spot on and show the new King in all kinds of situations that his new pants help him in. We have a huge campaign planned to make sure this is the book to celebrate the Coronation with children all around the UK and the Commonwealth, a fitting celebration of our new King! I receive a very small percentage from each item you purchase via these links, which is at no extra cost to you. But in a boxer-shorts blunder at the Royal Mail, the King’s undies have been posted to his subjects nationwide!

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop