Meridian (W&N Essentials)

Meridian (W&N Essentials)

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

I have always been a fan of her clear prose and rich characters, and I was reminded that I had never read Meridien, her second novel, which is now available for e-readers, as are all her works.

The story seems to provide something of an inside scoop into what it was like to be a part of the Movement, but altogether, very, very little of it is about the day to day struggles in the fight for civil rights, as the messy interpersonal relationships of the fighters themselves dominate the text.The ethic of rebellion, in other words, means that murder, even in defense of that “right” which links all men and women, cannot be permitted to survive itself. Set in the 1960s and 1970s, Meridian centers on Meridian Hill, a student at the fictitious Saxon College, who becomes active in the Civil Rights Movement. Irkçılık, sevgi ve en çok da sivil haklar hareketleri hakkında yazılmış ve yazar kurgudan çok fikirlerini ortaya dökmeye odaklanmış. After Lynne leaves, Truman attempts to rekindle his former love for Meridian, asking her to have his children.

The inclusion of Lynne as a character and her rape by Tommy Odder was an interesting wrench to throw in the mix.

But the cacophony of her relationships with selfish and self-righteous people weigh her down, and the book and the action along with it. Although set in the 60s and published in the 70s, the subject matter (feminism, civil rights and identity) are as current as ever.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop