Bosch 1617EVSPK Wood Router Tool Combo Kit - 2.25 Horsepower Plunge Router & Fixed Base Router Kit with a Variable Speed 12 Amp Motor

£211.845
FREE Shipping

Bosch 1617EVSPK Wood Router Tool Combo Kit - 2.25 Horsepower Plunge Router & Fixed Base Router Kit with a Variable Speed 12 Amp Motor

RRP: £423.69
Price: £211.845
£211.845 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

There is not really a better place to put the switch that would not interfere and either get dirty or turn the unit off/on accidentally. You can see two slots on the bottom black piece, with the 2nd one appearing a little wider which may fit the Festool rail. The hand router’s variable speed dial allows you to set the optimal speed for the routing task and material.

Not too heavy and no vibrations which is especially important as a female user as I'm able to easily control the feed rate. It looks like I have to mill away a bit of the base to fit in between the hold down screw studs on the LR32. It looks like if I removed one of the lower horizontal guide rod supports on the very outside edge of the casting that it would be enough. I've logged about 50 hours (hand-held) with this router, in both soft and hardwoods (red oak, cherry, mahogany, maple, poplar), so my observations are based on that usage.Where some might find it lacking is having a comprehensive dust collection feature built in with a clear dust dust shield over the working area, like some DeWalt and Porter Cable 1/2" shank routers I own. It slides and locks easily into both the fixed and plunge bases, and has a flat top, which makes changing bits that much easier.

Some big bits won't fit in a base that accommodates the PC bushings but your usage might not require that. The router's voltage is 120volts and the frequency is 60Hz where as in Ireland our voltage is 230volts and the frequency is 50Hz so the appliance won't work properly in Ireland. This doesn't look refurbished just used and they took a quick inventory and through in what they thought was missing. Mine has been used primarily in a router table with a home made router lift, never had an issue with any C ring. The body grip keeps it extremely well balanced for use with one hand and when you do dovetails using the knobs also keep it well balanced.I'm only telling you about the Milwaukee and other Bosch unit because I owned and still own the Milwaukee. I like that it comes with functional carrying case that holds everything but the edge guide, even has places for most commonly used bits of both shank sizes. I am not a hardcore woodworker, but routing is something that cannot be done by hand and the few times that I may use it you need the right equipment; it's value is immeasureable. I can get it to the correct depth if I simply unlock the base clamp lever and raise or lower the motor to where I want it, then lock the base clamp. The motor is also heavy, which when combined with either base, gives you excellent stability and control for even high tolerance cuts.

Constant response circuitry, the router will maintain a constant speed throughout the cut, resulting in clean, accurate product. Not enough to change my rating though, since all it took was a little compressed air around the switch to get it working again. on April 08, 2017, 11:35 AM Might seem like a crazy question but will the Bosch FSN OFA router adapter plate fit the Festool rails and does the detent pin line up with the holes in the Festool rail?I'm going to test it with the new route base plate and if it still needs weight on the other side, I'll find some sort of weight to make it work. This Bosch tool is very well built, has excellent torque and speed control, and with the additional fixed base can handle a variety of jobs. This isn't possible with the routers featuring the dust collection and dust shields, because of the limit these place on plunge depth with multiple passes. Might seem like a crazy question but will the Bosch FSN OFA router adapter plate fit the Festool rails and does the detent pin line up with the holes in the Festool rail?

Saw the Bosch 1617 router combo at Lowe's for 219, but it was not the 1617evspk, which comes with a free edge guide/ circle cutter and also lists as 2 hp, may be the same motor, but I want the newer, updated router . I watched an accomplished woodworker spend an hour on a demo of the PC type and never get a joint that fit. I can’t get the depth of the bit to be exactly what I want unless I DON’T use the fine adjustment feature of the router.Both bases have large base openings with 2-inch subbase openings, accepting larger bits and providing better visibility. I did have to slow down on mdf, but that was more likely due to my bit than the router, though you hear the router kick into high power mode.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop