Why Has Nobody Told Me This Before?: The No 1 Sunday Times Bestseller 2022

Why Has Nobody Told Me This Before?: The No 1 Sunday Times Bestseller 2022

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Before you know it, a swarm of negative, self-critical thoughts are buzzing around your head. If we fuse with those thoughts and allow them to consume us, they can send the already low mood spiralling down further. All those self-help books that told the world to just think positive didn’t account for the fact that you can’t control the thoughts that arrive in your mind. This book contains quite a bit of great advice for mental health, but most of it you will probably have heard before if you have gone to therapy groups that teaches techniques. If you are just starting out learning about these things this book will be great. Drawing on years of experience as a clinical psychologist, online sensation Dr Julie Smith provides the skills you need to navigate common life challenges and take charge of your emotional and mental health in her debut book. Written in short, bite-sized entries, you can turn straight to the section you need depending on the challenge you're facing - and immediately find the appropriate tools to help with . . . Format bukunya agak lucu, karena tiap babnya pendek, tapi di akhir bab tetap dikasih ringkasan 😂 Ya nggak apa-apa sih, malah bikin isi bukunya makin nempel di kepala. Buat yang nggak terbiasa baca non-fiksi, dan tertarik dengan tema yang dibawa buku ini, gue kasih lampu hijau. Gas. You can start from this one.

Self-help book focuses on mental health and wellbeing, providing solutions to daily challenges.Dr. Julie Smith’s debut book, Why Has Nobody Told Me This Before, provides practical advice and coping techniques to help people manage anxiety, deal with criticism, cope with depression, build self-confidence, find motivation, and forgive themselves.The speaker is sitting in a therapy room with a young woman who has experienced a transformation from fear to confidence. The speaker has no magical ability to heal anyone or change their life, but their role is as an educator and they passed on insights about what the science says and what has worked for others. Once the young woman understood and started using the concepts and skills, a transformation began, with her feeling hope for the future and dealing with difficult situations in healthy ways. Summary of Why Has Nobody Told Me This Before: Buku ini menyoroti tentang "naik turunnya" manusia. Yang kadang bisa good mood, kadang bisa bad mood. Yang takut keluar dari zona nyaman, yang nggak bisa nemuin motivasinya, juga manusia yang bisa capek dan kepeleset.Niklas Göke is an author and writer whose work has attracted tens of millions of readers to date. He is also the founder and CEO of Four Minute Books, a collection of over 1,000 free book summaries teaching readers 3 valuable lessons in just 4 minutes each. The power of any thought is in how much we buy into it and how much we believe it to be true and meaningful. Thoughts aren't facts, they're judgements, theories, memories, predictions, and interpretations about the future. The brain's job is to save us as much time and energy as possible and this means it takes short-cuts and makes guesses / predictions all the time but with limited information. As a veteran reader of self-help books I look for original content and information that can be actually put to use rather than theoretical prose. This book accomplishes both of these things and there are actual tools and ideas which can be put to use by those who need some help with emotional issues. Dr. Julie has a following on social media and this book is her way of putting together advise on a variety of subjects from self-esteem, to depression to grief. I appreciated the fact that the author did not start the book with chapters of scientific studies on the brain as I have read those many times and that type of information is not useful to someone who is suffering. Each chapter has a theme and she includes ideas which are identified with a light bulb graphic and tools which are identified with a wrench graphic. I would not say any of her tools are new but they are presented in a new way which makes it valuable. When Dr. Julie worked with patients caught in an ongoing low mood, she noticed some common thought patterns. To her patients, it often felt like their low moods came out of nowhere, or that their brains were simply faulty. It seemed like other people were born with the ability to be happy, but for them, it was out of reach. These beliefs prevented them from taking their mental health into their own hands. But let’s take a closer look at how a bad mood might arise. Physical Movement - And this doesn't have to be a large workout or activity. Simply springing into action and moving our bodies creates motivation, which is simply a by-product of action.

Find something square. Anything with four corners. It could be a window, a cereal box, or your wallet.Why do we do this, when in most cases we know what the right decision is? Well, part of the reason is that the right decisions are oftentimes easier said than done. It’s simply harder to get up and go to work than it is to hide under the covers, especially when we’re in a low mood. Even after just a few chapters I have started using the techniques she describes, eg writing down what I’m grateful for! I now realise I’ve been in ‘low mood’ for quite some time! This is a must read for any human being. This is the best gift you could give yourself or any one of your loved ones. It’s a precious book that holds a special place in my heart (and book shelf ;)) and I will keep my eyes open in case the author decides to release anything else.

Now, building this awareness of how feelings are generated won’t bring clarity or solutions to all painful emotions. Some problems are more complex and may require professional help, and that’s OK. But if that’s the case, increased awareness of your feelings and their origins will still help you and your therapist in the joint work of improving your low mood. Thoughts are not facts. They are guesses, stories, memories, ideas, and theories. They are … one potential explanation for the sensations you are experiencing … So what does this mean for those anxious thoughts that pop into our heads? It means the power of that thought … is in how much we buy into it. How much we believe that thought to be a true reflection of reality. The best way to break down the power that thoughts have over our emotional state is to first get some distance from them. How do we get distance from something that is inside our head?So when life throws us problems that hammer our mood into the ground we have something to turn to. Beware of those musts and shoulds! I don’t mean the healthy and normal sense of duty we have to our community. I mean the relentless expectations that send us on a downward spiral of unhappiness. I must be more this, and I should feel that. The musts and shoulds are heavily tied up with perfectionism. I enjoyed the book overall. As someone with 3 psychology degrees, a lot of it wasn’t new to me but it was presented in a way that was engaging and easy to read.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop