Salomon Alphacross 4 Men's Trail Running Shoes, Powerful Grip, Long Lasting Comfort, and Versatile Performance

£36.99
FREE Shipping

Salomon Alphacross 4 Men's Trail Running Shoes, Powerful Grip, Long Lasting Comfort, and Versatile Performance

RRP: £73.98
Price: £36.99
£36.99 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

My first run in the Salomon Alphacross was in the local woodlands with the dog. A lot of leaf litter and gravel on the trails and the shoes handle conditions well. Not one-foot slip and come home from my run and my feet haven’t rubbed away at the heal which is common for me and new shoes. On the plus side, if you like a snug fit, the Sensifit design of the shoe hugs your foot, so you never have to worry about your foot sliding around when your running on the side of a mountain. It’s all about preference here on what you desire in a trail running shoe.

Salomon Alphacross 3 | Best trail shoe for beginner´s TEST: Salomon Alphacross 3 | Best trail shoe for beginner´s

You can also easily use Salomon Alphacross 3 as an everyday shoe if you are going out for walks in the woods. Therefore I would recommend the shoe for everyone who enjoys all aspects of nature. Here you will feel grounded and flying at the same time! The stitch-free upper fabric patch together a couple of different materials, most noticeably around the big toes and the outside edge of the front of your feet. the reinforced material around these areas provide extra support when turning. I mainly used these shoes for both trail running and obstacle course racing (OCR) which means lots and lots of muddy terrain. First thing I notice when I lift them out the box is the weight. These are a very lightweight shoe. I have the Solomon Speedcross and have these for the past few years. The Alphacross are about half the weight! Being a weight weenie I am liking these shoes even more. The Salomon Alphacross is not a bad looking shoe with its slimmer contour and stitch-free upper fabric. The visible rubber chevrons and the 10 mm heel drop gives them a more aggressive, ready-for-anything look.Outfitted with a water-resistant textile and anti-debris mesh, this shoe is built robustly to resist rain and debris from hindering your running endeavors.

Salomon Alphacross GTX W review - Active-Traveller Salomon Alphacross GTX W review - Active-Traveller

The EnergyCell midsole has a neutral feel to it, firm enough so indentations on the surface won't bother your soles but flexible enough so you can turn more freely. The OrthoLite insert is a cheap and cheerful way to provide some comfort in the shoesm but all in all it does the job just fine.The upper fabric is stitch-free and has a smooth feel, but unfortunately not weatherproof, as one might expect when you look at the Alphacross. On the other hand, it does resist tearing, ripping and abrasion, something that can come handy in a hostile environment that is a forest trail. The lacing is pretty straight forward. You can see the massive difference between the height of the foam underfoot in the forefoot and the heel. The heel is very protective, while the forefoot is rather sensitive. You can also see that while there are a lot of overlays on the upper, the crease point on the forefoot is left exposed to abrasion and early tearing. After about 120 miles in these shoes, the treads were showing some wear, but still, continue to perform great and have life in them.

Salomon Alphacross Trail Shoes Review: A Proven addition for

I tried this shoe on a brief test run, and I really enjoyed its soft feel and excellent forefoot flexibility—the shoe felt smooth and comfy on pavement and dirt. The generous toe box gave my toes plenty of wiggle room, and its wide footbed left me unconstricted at midfoot. The upper is another highlight: Soft padding around the ankle creates a comfy fit, but it’s stiff enough to provide some support. For runs that involve a mix of pavement and dirt, the Ultra Glide 2 is the model you want on your feet. Salomon Alphacross 3 is available in different colors for men and women. The upper isn´t waterproof in the model I tested but it is slightly water-resistant. If you want a waterproof shoe, Salomon Alphacross 3 is also available in a GORE-TEX version which you can find here. Right out of the box, I loved the aesthetics of the Speedcross 4 as I was elated to find that the shoes came in neutral blue hues, especially for those who prefer low-key color schemes. Furthermore, Salomon offers a variety of colors to choose from to suit your personal style preferences.Its probably one of the best trail shoes available in this price range! Even if its a shoe for beginners, I would consider using it myself as it would be very well suited for trail runs where you aren´t going to take part in competitions in the most challenging terrain. In addition, perhaps if the shoe had an option for those with wider feet, it would be desirable for a larger variety of runners as the shoes err of the narrow side.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop