Good Me Bad Me

Good Me Bad Me

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Not that there werent things in it that irked me,but they were things that could happen and do every day in real life.

For our Twisted Sister, Norma this book definitely worked for her and she was satisfied with the ending but for the rest of us not so much. But Land takes this problematic subject matter in her stride and the result is an unputdownable narrative. The expectations which were in many ways exceeded- it's refreshing insightful narrative voice is brutal but wonderful to read, so much left unsaid, so much you can't know- you never know what someone's thinking but this gives Millie the victim a voice without telling you all ! Told through Milly’s voice, little snippets of her relationship with her mother are revealed throughout. Through the character of Annie/Millie, Land examines the blame offspring of dangerous criminals face and the self-fulfilling prophecy.Mike and his wife have a teenage daughter of their own, named Phoebe, who, unaware of Milly's past, is jealous of the time her father spends with Milly. The outcome of the trial and the way in which her new home life works out don’t come as a massive surprise but I’d still recommend reading Good Me, Bad Me for Annie/Millie’s voice and her thoughts and behaviour as a survivor, the mental gymnastics she has to play in her new life with all the fresh challenges that brings, and the promising new author behind it all that is Ali Land.

I think this is a very good debut novel and I am already looking forward to reading more from Ali Land. This excellent psychological thriller will be a big success and I know we will hear a lot more from this author. When finally turns her mother into the police, Annie is given the opportunity to start over and create a new identity.Her reasoning of her current situation and past and the mental manoeuvres she undertakes to function and keep her mother’s voice at bay were interesting and, of course, you’re never entirely sure how much to trust her or her version of people or events. The narrative allows you to crawl in to Millie's thoughts- take a pew and watch as the drama unfolds. Okay, so I will allow ‘controversial’, although the things going on in my mind were more controversial than the words I was reading. While Norma was listening to this story and was lost in the unstable mind of Milly and her thoughts the rest of us were overwhelmed with the constant bullying from the mean girls which left us feeling exhausted and really sad at how mean they really were. The most overwhelming aspect which I believe Land deserves praise for is the way she went into this novel relentlessly, occupying the mind of such a troubled young soul.

She worked as a child and adolescent mental health nurse in the UK and Australia for more than 10 years.

And that’s before we see that his family might not be the best environment for her in this delicate transitional period. Many were saying that this book was going to be one of the more controversial novels released in 2017. Good Me, Bad Me by debut author Ali Land has had such good reviews since it was published last year that I couldn’t resist checking it out. Thankfully, writing improves as the story continues, but the occasional Yoda-esque statements still crop up.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop