Replay

Replay

RRP: £14.18
Price: £7.09
£7.09 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Small potatoes worry about a wonderful story! REPLAY is a heart-warming thought-provoking morality tale that will resonate with any thinking reader. Highly recommended. Replay is my first graphic novel as a "complete author" (meaning I've drawn as well as written it). To make it easy for readers to follow the intersecting storylines, I've used three distinct palettes. Grimwood toys with some interesting concepts along the way, but never really gets to the “why”? Which is something I don't ordinarily complain about, I don't have to be spoon-fed everything. Here it just feels like a cheat - like going to your favorite restaurant in anticipation of a grand meal only to find that it was closed by the Board of Health. Sharla knows what a man wants whether he is 43 or 18, and Jeff is a mish mash of those two ages. The older Jeff is thinking I’ve never had sex with such an uninhibited woman in my entire life, and the younger Jeff is all libido. In essence, at least for a while, those two divergent people can enjoy the benefits that Sharla is so willing to provide. Brad Meltzer is the author of the forthcoming thriller The Book of Lies. He spent four years working at Haagen Dazs, and if you were mean to him or snapped your fingers in a rude way, he used his pinkie to break the bottom of your cone ... and you wouldn't realize until you were 50 yards away and the butter pecan was dripping down your chest.

I'm going with it's all a dream within a dream. I like George Berkeley's theory of subjective idealism, what little I know of it from Sophie's World. And, I appreciate the point made by Welwyn Wilton in a comment on her review.Audiobook: Gary Furlong does exactly what I want from a nonfiction narrator. He reads clearly with good pacing and inflection without getting in the way of the book. It does seem apparent he's not familiar with some of the concepts however as he mispronounces a few things (like GUI) that just made me cringe a little every time it occurred. Of course, this being a thriller, there's a love interest and a bad guy. But the best part of Replay isn't the plot; it's the fact that the book is about you — yes, you. When I was 19 years old ... Oy, I already sound like an old man. But that's the point. When I was 19, my dreams were even bigger than my hair, which is saying something. And it was in the midst of those dreams that I first read the novel Replay, by Ken Grimwood. I wasn't first on this bandwagon; I was last. But as any true believer — or replayer — knows, there's a strange odd power in knowing you're not alone in this world. At forty-three Jeff Winston is tired of his low-paid, unrewarding job, tired of the long silences at the breakfast table with his wife, saddened by the thought of no children to comfort his old age. But he hopes for better things, for happiness, maybe tomorrow ...

In addition, Marc Levy has directed a short movie, written short stories and song lyrics for various artists, including Johnny Hallyday. Replay's "blue" timeline covers my career in game development — from programming my first AppleII arcade games as a teenager, through the 1990s and 2000s with ever-bigger teams, budgets, and stakes on The Last Express and The Sands of Time. If you’ve read Stephen King’s time travel book, 11/22/1963, you might recognize a few minor plot points - taking a run at stopping the Kennedy assassination, using sports betting as a way to make ends meet – something King did infinitely better. This book predates King’s by about 15 years. Of course, things get more complicated as the replays become shorter and shorter, each time beginning a few months or years closer to Jeff's unavoidable date of death, which never changes. Some of the replays are far from happy, and Jeff realizes that even with several lifetimes to live, there's never enough time to avoid regrets. In the end, living is about recognizing that, and always moving forward. I knew isolated segments of the start of Atari and the crash of '83, but this book gives the context of how those puzzle pieces fit into the larger global fabric of video-games.One thing about "Replay" which is either positive or negative, depending on who you are, is that it is closely tied to American sports, popular culture, and political events from 1963 to 1988. Es interesante desde el punto de vista que habla de muchas cosas muy diferentes, desde los primeros videojuegos en computadora y las diferentes consolas, hasta abordando los primeros juegos o los mas representativos para cada genero de videojuego. The author does a great job of illuminating the main character's inner dialog and questions about his predicament. At each point in the novel, the protagonist responds to his situation sensibly and/or understandably, demonstrating smarts, will-power, perseverance, and human fallibility (his patience can and does reach a limit). I liked the plot twists and turns ... at least for the first 2/3 of the book, I really had no idea WHAT was going to happen next. I was hoping it wouldn't end the way it did, simply because that's what I was guessing might happen ... but the author did keep me guessing for the majority of it, so I am mostly satisfied.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop