Off the Deep End: A Thriller

Off the Deep End: A Thriller

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Then she mentally goes off the deep end and begins grooming the other survivor of the crash, a 15-year-old boy named Isaac. giggles* Isaac is now missing and everyone seems to believe Jules might know more than she's letting on. She shows her knowledge when she manages to get inside the head of people with mental health issues. It explores the long history of madness at sea and how that is echoed in many of today's yacht races.

Well I am here to tell you that this character is written in a way you wished she died in the lake instead of Gabe.Read more about the condition New: A new, unread, unused book in perfect condition with no missing or damaged pages. Amber is a annoying and childish and boring - whining about Jules how she did this and she did that. In the last 20-25% of the book, so many things were thrown in, I just couldn't wade through them all.

These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc. Who knew the buttoned-up Finn would be the one to help him find out what he's passionate for in life after his injury. I also wanted to add that the plot was well thought-through, and the ending was surprising for sure! Someone once said (paraphrasing) that if you show a red phone on Page 23, it better be used somewhere in the finale – and this… doesn’t happen. Seller has stated it will dispatch the item within 1 working day upon receipt of cleared payment - opens in a new window or tab .

As a result of losing her son Gabe in a tragic accident, Jules falls into an uncontrollable mental state. Amber is convinced that Jules has some involvement while her shocked husband is expecting to hear their son is the third victim of the serial killer. I think the characters didn’t have enough time together that made me really understand their deep feelings for each other. Given that the conclusion was about how Isaac used video games to spread and encourage violence which then bubbled over into real life (btw there were no clues that would be the ending whatsoever, it was just tossed on in there), one of the POVs should've been his. When she creates a book dealing with mental illness and/or trauma, she knows what she’s talking about.

This book - arguably a *version* of a take on 21 Jump Street (though admittedly my only exposure to that franchise is the Tatum/ Hill movies) - continues Bybee's recent (2020+) path of mov. Athletes aren’t just machines, they’re people who struggle with mental health issues just like everyone else. Isaac didn't know it was his dad until he brought it up to stop Issac from unaliving himself and said if he did who will eat burgers and throw bottles at people (in the game) with him and isaac said omg your so and so? There are lots of plot twists and turns, some I was expecting and some, not so much so but each added to the overall enjoyment of the book. When young reporter, Finn, is assigned to cover the comeback of Olympic-hopeful, Wes, he’s less than thrilled.This book definitely touched on some tough subjects and Berry does a excellent job at getting right to the nitty gritty of it all. Lucinda Berry is by far the queen of extremely dark and twisty thrillers and I can not wait to get my hands on more of her work. A poor condition book can still make a good reading copy but is generally not collectible unless the item is very scarce. You’ve got a missing child, mental illness, and a few other things that I can’t get into because it would spoil the book. And, for the life of me, I couldn't figure out if her loony-ness was enough to label her a kidnapper let alone a murderer.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop