Rio Grande Games 457RGG Friday, Multicoloured

Rio Grande Games 457RGG Friday, Multicoloured

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

During a turn, a player will play cards from their deck, attempting to snuff out the hazards presented to them. There is also a hazard deck, and each turn you draw two cards from the hazard deck and choose one of them to resolve. If you have enough points to defeat the hazard, then it goes into your deck (it has two images on it - one representing the hazard and one representing what Robinson learns by defeating it). Stranded Crusoe starts off as a largely clueless man who has no idea how he’s going to get food, equipment or HBO.

Yet, even with the aging cards, there are hazard cards that (once defeated) you can put in your deck that allow you to discard (or redraw) a drawn aging card. Each chapter plays out differently as the hunter becomes the prey, and then comes back from the dead looking for revenge. A trail for those who would like to explore the displays more closely, using our supersonic magnifying glasses!I like how you can spend your food/life tokens to play extra cards, but this burns through your own deck quicker, ages you faster and delivers you those crappy penalty cards even sooner. The root of this issue is that the game is a balance of three decks of largely uncontrollable unknowns instead of just one deck you have a large degree of control over.

However, it does give you the opportunity to discard cards from your deck, something you could use to your advantage, especially to streamline your fighting deck, ready for the pirate ships!If you’ve played the game before, you’ll figure out the app easier than someone like me who didn’t know how to play. The fun of the deck building in Dominion is seeing your selection of cards tip the balance of luck in your favour using several differing synergistic strategies. The second thing that I like about Friday is that it is incredibly challenging - and that there are different difficulties in which you can play the game. Depending on which of the four “chapters” you play, the goal of the game changes, creating highly engaging gameplay: in some chapters the maniac is trying to find the campers, but in others, they are trying to find him. It is just as challenging as the original but you can whip through the games to put your losses behind you.

I like how you find you’re not just looking at the challenges you face, but also the potential rewards for defeating them, wondering if you should take a bigger risk to win a more useful bonus for later. Everything is done very professionally with this company and always lets you know every step of the process. Each round you fight danger cards and, if defeated, get to add them to your deck in the form of upgraded play cards. In my mind the answer is yes, but in reality it's probably because the part of board gaming that I enjoy is the social aspect. In a crowded deck building market, I think Friday does a great job distinguishing itself from the competition.Quick, easy-to-learn game play and hard challenges means Friday will be a permanent staple in my board game collection.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop