Good Boundaries and Goodbyes: Loving Others Without Losing the Best of Who You Are

£9.495
FREE Shipping

Good Boundaries and Goodbyes: Loving Others Without Losing the Best of Who You Are

RRP: £18.99
Price: £9.495
£9.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Be equipped to say goodbye without guilt when a relationship has shifted from difficult to destructive and is no longer sustainable. While I understand that there might be times that personal boundaries need to be set and others might not understand why, I don't understand why the voices of (hopefully) wise and loving counsel wouldn't at least be considered.

This eye-opening book will be refreshingly helpful in giving you the biblical wisdom and confidence to set boundaries you can keep, communicate them, and finally see them working in your life.I don’t read a ton of ‘self help’ type books, but Lisa TerKeurst does such an amazing job with them.

Although the biblical parts no longer apply to me, I loved the foundation what Good Boundaries and Goodbye stood on. Good Boundaries and Goodbyes is not the kind of book one necessarily goes out of their way to read for entertainment or enjoyment. Instead, Terkeurst comes across like a therapist for whatever the reader is going through in their relationships. All of us say or do things that stand in opposition to qualities we would like to be true of ourselves, but that is because God is the only one who is the embodiment of any good and pure characteristic. However, Terkeurst’s writing style tends to create overlap between the subject matter in each chapter, making them hard to distinguish from each other.

Or, I've tried everything to fix this relationship but nothing is working—I fear I'm becoming someone I don't even like? I thought a book like that might apply to a current difficult relationship for which I was seeking . And I didn’t even know boundaries could exist until I was in counseling a few years ago because I had become so deeply angry to the point of resentful.

With this latest release being about boundaries, I knew I better read (and study) this book as well!

It had such potential and if you can stomach being slammed for having reactions to abuse it might have some thoughts worth digging out, but I find enough concerning when abuse is involved that I can’t recommend.

Her main message is that proper boundaries help a person discern whether a relationship is helpful or harmful - if harmful, she then discusses the importance of letting go. If you ever feel as though you're stuck between being taken advantage of by those you love most or shutting others out to avoid being hurt, Good Boundaries and Goodbyes will provide both the practical and biblical guidance you need to operate in the most loving place, with healthy boundaries instead of either extreme. To keep setting up boundaries in life and relationships that are going to keep me on the path He has for me. Good Boundaries and Goodbyes explores how people can have healthier relationships by establishing relational boundaries with their partners, family, and friends. By reframing boundaries from something that can feel limiting to something that is truly loving, this book equips us to navigate relationships in a loving, healthy, and God-honoring way.

If you are a fan of Lysa Terkeurst and of self-help books (in this case spiritual), and are in need of setting some boundaries, then I definitely recommend reading this book.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop