The Mysterious Case of the Alperton Angels: the Bestselling Richard & Judy Book Club Pick

£8.495
FREE Shipping

The Mysterious Case of the Alperton Angels: the Bestselling Richard & Judy Book Club Pick

RRP: £16.99
Price: £8.495
£8.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Hallett has done it again! Brilliant, clever, and will have you hooked and guessing throughout -- Charlotte Levin, author of IF I CAN'T HAVE YOU However, I just found the solution of the case too mundane in an odd way. A lot of coincidences had to pile up to make the story as bizarre as it was, so seeing it all unravelled felt almost underwhelming. Additionally, I didn't really find the solution very realistic in some places. I'm trying to avoid spoilers here - but in such a straightforward plan, why the angels, Gabriel? I wish we had gotten more clear answers there. Also, I didn't like Oliver throughout, but by the end he was really off the rails in the worst way. A small but significant role is played in Janice Hallett’s third novel by a group of recreational detectives: the Cold & Unsolved Murder Club. Is this a little homage by Britain’s second most successful new crime novelist to its first? All this renders The Mysterious Case of the Alperton Angels a deviously twisting and twisted puzzle layered with a multitude of deceptions, intrigues and red herrings. It combines the best aspects of the thriller and the whodunnit to present a challenging conundrum for readers to unravel. Hallett has made the epistolary crime novel her own. An engaging crime tale using her unique narrative style. Inventive, absorbing and hotly anticipated by her legion of fans -- Vaseem Khan, author of THE UNEXPECTED INHERITANCE OF INSPECTOR CHOPRA

Nearly two decades later, true-crime author Amanda Bailey is writing a book on the Angels. The Alperton baby has turned eighteen and can finally be interviewed; if Amanda can find them, it will be the true-crime scoop of the year, and will save her flagging career. But rival author Oliver Menzies is just as smart, better connected, and is also on the baby's trail. stars HANDS DOWN. Did I immediately buy every single one of Hallett's books? Yes I did. This is in the top 3 mysteries I have read in the last 5 years for sure. I will be recommending this book to everyone and will be screaming from the rooftops about it. I slowed down because I didn't want it to end. Heavenly and creepy combined with twisted genius. Outstanding -- Joy Kluver, author of BROKEN GIRLS JS: No, I can’t. I can’t sleep. I stayed up really late last night because I just needed to know what happened. And if I didn’t find out what happened I wouldn’t have been able to sleep either. And then I was getting these palpitations because I couldn’t read it fast enough. WHAT SHOULD I DO?!There are several mysteries in the book: the main one - the cold case of the Alperton Angels, which Amanda is investigating; the box with all her research printed out (who printed it and why); Amanda and Oliver's history. All of this made for a very gripping story, as it was all slowly revealed. After ensnaring the teenagers and convincing them that the baby was destined to doom humanity, they planned to kill the infant at the appointed time – 10 December 2003 – when five planets were due to align in a rare astral occurrence. However, despite the cult’s best laid plans, the ritual sacrifice did not go ahead as arranged, as Holly had second thoughts about the whole thing, took the baby to safety and called the police. Nearly two decades later, true-crime author Amanda Bailey is writing a book on the Angels. The Alperton baby has turned eighteen and can finally be interviewed - if Amanda can find them, it will be the true-crime scoop of the year, and will save her flagging career. But rival author Oliver Menzies is just as smart, better connected, and is also on the baby's trail.

You must read the documents, then make a decision. Will you destroy them? Or will you take them to the police?"

In the face of coincidence and unexplained phenomena we are all at the mercy of our own thought processes.” Janice Hallett is a murder mystery mastermind. A new Agatha Christie for the modern age. This book is sure to grow her already considerable cult following -- A. J. West, author of THE SPIRIT ENGINEER Compelling, unputdownable, filled with Hallett's trademark fierce intelligence and kindness, this is the most intricate, spellbinding and befuddling mystery I have read in years -- Catriona Ward, author of THE LAST HOUSE ON NEEDLESS STREET

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop