Machinery's Handbook

Machinery's Handbook

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Additive Manufacturing: Expert discussions, exploring 3D printing materials, techniques, and workflow, compare traditional machining to today’s additive manufacturing processes. The metric content has been greatly expanded. Throughout the book, wherever practical, metric units are shown adjacent to the U.S. customary units in the text. Many formulas are now presented with equivalent metric expressions, and additional metric examples have been added.

The 30th edition also included additional content on: sheet metal and presses; keys and keyways; shaft alignment; taps and tapping; helical coil screw thread inserts; metric screw threads; miniature screws; fluid mechanics; solid geometry; statistics; calculating hole coordinates and thread dimensions; and distinguishing between bolts and screwsThe detailed tables of contents located at the beginning of each section have been expanded and fine-tuned to make finding topics easier and faster. Twenty years ago, I bought the 24th edition after graduating from college. It has served me well over the years but I wanted to give myself a treat this year and buy the updated version. I went with the large print since it was going to be my last one, and I wanted to make it easier on my eyes to read it later in life. Numerous sections were thoroughly refreshed, reworked, or renovated. The metric content continued to be expanded. Our editors fine-tuned navigation aids to make it easier to locate information. And many figures were been refined and redrawn for enhanced clarity. Wherever practical, metric units were added adjacent to the US customary units in the text; many formulas were presented with equivalent metric expres­sions, and metric examples added. This indispensable handbook was the brainchild ofAlexanderLuchars, founder of Industrial Press, Inc. The photograph at the right is of his great-great grandson Alex Luchars, the company’s current President and CEO. He can be reached at [email protected].

With: Guide to the use of tables and formulas in Machinery's handbook, 29th edition / by John M. Amiss, Franklin D. Jones, and Henry H. Ryffel. New York : Industrial Press, 2012 The inaugural edition of Machinery’s Handbook was published in January 1914. It was a toolbox-sized volume measuring 4.625 X 7 inches. It was well received, and more than 30,000 copies were sold within the first two years. (Industrial Press is proud to offer a Machinery’s Handbook Collector’s Edition: 1914 First Edition Replica of this landmark work.) Several revised editions were issued in the years following. During World War I, the Handbook was in great demand to serve a global call for machines of war. Math, Measurement, and Dimensioning: Reorganized, revised, and expanded sections provide ready access to clear information, essential formulas, and everyday calculations and conversions. Metalworking Processes: More on brazing, soldering, welding, nondestructive testing, forming sheet metal, mill finishes, passivation, electropolishing, and plating. Manufacturing and Materials: Additional information on utilizing today’s plastics, powder metallurgy standard and tool steels, manufacturing stresses, and preventing corrosion.New to this edition … micromachining, expanded material on calculation of hole coordinates, an introduction to metrology, further contributions to the sheet metal and presses section, shaft alignment, taps and tapping, helical coil screw thread inserts, solid geometry, distinguishing between bolts and screws, statistics, calculating thread dimensions, keys and keyways, miniature screws, metric screw threads, and fluid mechanics. Launched in 1914, Machinery’s Handbookhas been in continuous publication for more than 100 years and is still being sold around the world.At this time, we are thrilled to announce: The new 31st Edition, along with updates of the whole Machinery’s Handbook Product Family, is available!(See below.) Machinery’s Handbook: Then and Now

Access-restricted-item true Addeddate 2022-11-03 09:01:12 Associated-names Oberg, Erik, 1881-1951; McCauley, Christopher J Autocrop_version 0.0.14_books-20220331-0.2 Bookplateleaf 0004 Boxid IA40750902 Camera Sony Alpha-A6300 (Control) Collection_set printdisabled External-identifier Ocr tesseract 5.2.0-1-gc42a Ocr_detected_lang en Ocr_detected_lang_conf 1.0000 Ocr_detected_script Latin Ocr_detected_script_conf 0.9045 Ocr_module_version 0.0.18 Ocr_parameters -l eng Old_pallet IA-NS-0001516 Openlibrary_edition During the decades from World War I to World War II, these phrases could refer to either of two competing reference books: McGraw-Hill's American Machinists' Handbook or Industrial Press's Machinery's Handbook. The former book ceased publication after the 8th edition (1945). (One short-lived spin-off appeared in 1955.) The latter book, Machinery's Handbook, is still regularly revised and updated, and it continues to be a "bible of the metalworking industries" today. The metric content continues to be expanded. Throughout the book, wherever practical, metric units are shown adjacent to the U.S. customary units in the text. Many formulas are now presented with equivalent metric expres­sions, and metric examples have been added.This is the toolbox print edition, which measures a handy 4.6″ x 7″. You also may be interested in Machinery’s Handbook, 31st Edition, Large Print Edition,which is identical in content but measures 7″ x 10″, with larger text (the size of standard reference materials).

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop