Frank

Frank

RRP: £30.92
Price: £15.46
£15.46 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

At Metacritic, which assigns a normalised rating out of 100 to reviews from mainstream publications, the album received an average score of 78, based on 11 reviews. Upon its release, Frank received generally positive reviews from most music critics and earned Winehouse several accolades, including an Ivor Novello Award.

Amy Winehouse Discography | Discogs Amy Winehouse Discography | Discogs

After playing around with her brother's guitar, Winehouse bought her own when she was 15 and began writing music a year later. Beccy Lindon of The Guardian described Winehouse's sound as "somewhere between Nina Simone and Erykah Badu . Concerning my stylus tip I was using the Goldring 1042 but found that on my copy this particular tip made Amy`s volcas sound strident on a lot of the tracks,there could be several reasons but on other LP`s this same tip is Excellent!

Its title alludes to the nature and tone of Winehouse’s lyrics on the album, as well as one of her influences, Frank Sinatra. In the liner notes for Winehouse's 2011 album Lioness: Hidden Treasures, producer Salaam Remi wrote about the track "Half Time", an outtake from the recording sessions for Frank, and revealed that Frank 's title refers partly to Frank Sinatra, an early influence on Winehouse.

Amy Winehouse - Frank | Releases | Discogs Amy Winehouse - Frank | Releases | Discogs

V. Club 's Nathan Rabin commended its loose, organic songcraft and wrote that it "features languid, wide-open neo-soul grooves and jazzy vamping". Well, there are no prizes for geeing what this one is about - it is a collection of classy and authentic roots, reggae and lover's rock versions of all the tunes from Amy Whinehouse's seminal Back to Black album. In retrospective reviews for both Pitchfork and Rolling Stone, critic Douglas Wolk was ambivalent towards Winehouse's themes and felt that they are relevant to her public image at the time, [32] [34] writing in the former review, "in the light of her subsequent career, Frank comes off as the first chapter in the Romantic myth of the poet who feels too deeply and ends up killing herself for her audience's entertainment". Upon its release, Frank received widespread critical acclaim, with The Times declaring it “a staggeringly assured, sit-up-and-listen debut, both commercial and eclectic, accessible and uncompromising.

Over May, June and July the album was released in Australia, [20] Canada, [21] United States [22] and Japan.

Amy Winehouse – Frank (2019, Vinyl) - Discogs

In addition to “Stronger Than Me”, it includes the singles “Take The Box”, “In My Bed” and “F**k Me Pumps”. Frank debuted at number 61 on the Billboard 200 in the United States, selling 22,000 copies in its opening week.

While being developed by the management company, she was kept as a recording industry secret, [9] although she was a regular jazz standards singer at the Cobden Club. Lots of pops, sound is on the quieter side, and for me, the most disappointing piece—the printed lyrics are wrong? Its title alludes to the nature and tone of Winehouse's lyrics on the album, [3] as well as one of her influences, Frank Sinatra.

Vinyl | Frank | Amy Winehouse - The Record Hub Vinyl | Frank | Amy Winehouse - The Record Hub

However, Winehouse had already recorded a number of songs and signed a publishing deal with EMI by this time. In July 2000, she became the featured female vocalist with the National Youth Jazz Orchestra; her influences were to include Sarah Vaughan and Dinah Washington, [7] the latter whom she was already listening to at home. You Sent Me Flying" is based on an original demo recorded by Felix Howard, Paul Watson and Luke Smith.

MusicOMH 's John Murphy said that her lyrics are "commendably feisty and, as the album title suggests, frank".

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop