Abu Garcia Pro Max & Max Pro Low Profile Baitcast Fishing Reel

Abu Garcia Pro Max & Max Pro Low Profile Baitcast Fishing Reel

RRP: £72.00
Price: £36
£36 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

There’s a little twist to the story, however, that, in my opinion, has fuelled its popularity. It seems to get a lot of airtime. Inexperienced anglers think only in terms of how far they can cast, how heavy the line is and how easy it is to set the hook. Those are all important, but big is not always better when it comes to fishing. If you can’t throw a baseball right-handed, odds are you’re not going to be very good at casting lures or bottom bouncing rig in just the right spot either with your off-hand. I used several other reels, so I managed to get a pretty fair comparison. (sort of). The other reels I used were far more expensive than the Pro Max. A recessed reel foot offers a low-profile seating for the reel on a variety of rods, a popular feature among many competitive largemouth bass fishermen.

A) Yes, Abu Garcia Pro Max is a popular reel that offers great performance for anglers. It comes inSo here it is almost 2 years later, and I’ve had a chance to fish with the Pro Max 3 reels a lot. I’ve used them for spinnerbaits, soft plastics, topwater baits and more. They’ve been put to work under every possible weather condition, with the exception of when it was snowing. Daytime, night time and every hour in between, these reels have been put to the test. The criteria I have reviewed above, in my opinion, are the things that really matter. Performance relative to investment is the most important thing. The Abu Garcia Pro Max stands out because it is made of quality materials, affordable, and made with the MagTrax Brake System. The two knobs on the handle of the rod are made of EVA foam that gives you a comfortable yet firm grip. I really appreciate quality kit. However, I’m not one of those reel boffins that can talk endlessly about tech inclusions comparing and contrasting insignificant tolerances to prove a case of “better than.” I originally learned of the Abu Garcia Pro Max reels a few years ago when a member of my Northeastbass.com forums mentioned that he had bought one and found it to be a good reel for the money.

There’s nothing particularly standout, it’s not dripping with an impossible list of features as the suspiciously endowed KastKing’s and Lew’s tend to be at this price point. market today. If you need an excellent quality fishing reel that isn’t so cheap but won’t break your You hear aluminum, stainless steel, brass, and graphite often in context with fishing reels. The reason is that materials matter in a quality reel. Materials equate to longevity, making that favorite reel last for decades. Once you’ve found one that fits, none of the others matter as much. Abu Garcia brought their vast knowledge, and engineering expertise to this reel with their Power Disk drag system, MagTrax braking system, and Duragear brass gears.Of the 7 or 8 that I bought, I had problems with one of them after catching a single 2 1/2 lb. smallie. This was the first time I had used this reel, and the very first fish I had caught on it. And it suddenly got very loud on the retrieve. The sound was a whining kind of sound. I’m guessing it was gear-related. By the 1950s, Abu Garcia had created reels in all categories. They created the company’s first spinning reel in 1955, called the ABU 444, and by 1965, they had created the Cardinal Series of spinning reels. During this time, the Ambassadeur models are created and continue to remain a popular model today. Pros Abu Garcia’s proprietary Power Disk drag system and MagTrax braking system bring state-of-the-art technology to a modestly priced reel. I used to be surprised at how often I was requested to write a Abu Garcia Pro Max Review. Having used one, and having researched them a little, I’m no longer surprised.

Smoother and more powerful than its other Max series peers, the Abu Garcia Max Pro spinning reel is ready to conquer whatever a day chasing bass can dish out. It boasts the same technology as some of Abu Garcia’s premier offerings for the ultimate in casting distance and accuracy. Building off of its impressive casting abilities, it delivers a silky-smooth reeling experience thanks to the 6 ball bearings and 1 roller bearing. It also helps reduce hand fatigue during long days on the water with repeated casting with its lightweight graphite body and rotor construction. Further enhancing its appeal is the machined aluminium spool and Everlast bail system that promise extreme durability season after season. Finished with Abu Garcia’s slow oscillation system, any line type you are utilizing will be laid evenly on your spool for reliable casting operation. At one point, I was on the phone with my wife (via a bluetooth headset) while fishing with that reel. As I began to crank the bait in rapidly, my wife asked me what that loud noise was. It was the reel whining! Immediately after that, I put that reel away and used a different one for the remainder of the tourney. The Abu Garcia Pro Max comes in both left and right-handed configurations. By design, you can’t just loosen a nut and switch the handle to the other side, like you can with many spinning reels. A baitcasting reel doesn’t allow that flexibility, but buying the right-hand configuration creates a much better fishing experience for the angler. RetrievalThe most common lures that you use with a baitcaster are topwater lures, crankbaits, jerk baits, spinnerbaits, buzz baits. Best Alternatives of Abu Garcia Pro Max The final metal is stainless steel. It is essential in saltwater-specific reels, but since baitcasting in saltwater is a niche application, you don’t find many baitcasting reels with stainless steel components.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop