My Wandering Warrior Existence (My Lesbian Experience with Loneliness)

£6.495
FREE Shipping

RRP: £12.99
Price: £6.495
£6.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

She also discovers (thankfully before she has any) that having kids doesn’t necessarily solve all family problems automatically, which, again, duh, but to her, of course, was a lightbulb moment. I think she’s in her 30s. So, for starters, Kabata arranges, with the support of her parents, to be professionally photographed in an elaborate ballroom-stye wedding dress, a bizarre event that not surprisingly leaves her sad. Why do that?! But the point is one Nagata has not thought about before Why can't I have love?! The dress for many symbolizes love, but she begins with the dress! The authoress is still dealing with recovering post her alcohol episode and finding a new fascination in her life. Bendis & Maleev are one of the best creative teams in comics and this collection gathers their Moon Knight run, which really explores some of the psychological problems that Marc Spector has struggled with throughout his time as a superhero.

My Wandering Warrior Existence Meisou Senshi Nagata Kabi (My Wandering Warrior Existence

a b Sena Kondo (2016-12-31). "Being a manga artist was my calling - Interview with Kabi Nagata". PixiVision. She talks about her trust issues being at the root of why she’s so inexperienced with relationships, originating with a sexual assault when she was 6, which is understandable. But, I’m sorry, it’s so not interesting to read about someone figuring out how relationships work. She literally explains that people spending time with each other can learn about each other and, over time, develop feelings of affection for one another that can be called “love”. This is my fourth of five autobiographical manga I have read by Kabi Nagata. As with some other autobiographical or memoir comics artists, she seems to be--book after book--chronicling her life, as it goes, book after book. I think of three people immediately to compare this work to: Lucy Knisley, Michael Rabagliati, and Keiler Roberts, though there are many more. This series stands out in that the work is easily the most intense, the most explicitly troubled. Not without occasional self-deprecating humor--she knows she is unlike most people--Nagata is ruthlessly honest about her various life struggles.The most recent book in Nagata Kabi's autobiographical series is, for me, the least impactful so far. It's not that it isn't still revelatory for her as she tries to navigate the idea of relationships and dating, but it's far more pedestrian than previous books. I think part of the reason this book felt less substantial is that previous books were startling in both their honesty and the scope of the issues she explored. I think more people have an understanding how the difficulties of dating and navigating meeting people goes, so there is less surprising material here. Starting with the positives, I will probably always have a soft spot for people flailing through life. Well, unless they are being a menace to society and hurting people... Content warning: The book (with warning beforehand) briefly describes a sexual assault the author experienced as a child. Nonetheless, it is a much lighter and more hopeful than the previous volumes; and, that alone is a reassuring progress. Very little actual action happens in this particular series. It mostly consists of the author mulling things over, contemplating why fe's different from other people, and philosophizing. The most off-the-wall instance of armchair psychology is probably when the author suggests that everybody is naturally attracted to womenand that people who are attracted to men grow into that attraction (ch. 5). Though I suppose that this idea of mothers beingthe initial object of sexual interest is essentially just the Oedipus Complex (...not that the Oedipus Complexis actually empirically supported or all that trustworthy of a theory). Fe also creates a whole framework of hurdles that have to be overcome (with several of those hurdles being either irrelevant, in all honesty, or kinda redundant), only to then discard that entire framework in the very next chapter.

My Wandering Warrior Existence by Nagata Kabi | Waterstones

Seven Seas Licenses Nagata Kabi's MY WANDERING WARRIOR EXISTENCE Manga". Seven Seas Entertainment. 2022-05-20.As I was reading, I immediately regretted my decision and wondered if I should've tried a sample first. Although I had greatly enjoyed her first manga, and mostly enjoyed its sequel - I had to DNF her recent book about her drinking problem that caused her to get pancreatitis. I just couldnt find it engaging and there was nothing there for me to latch onto. Seven Seas Licenses Nagata Kabi's MY ALCOHOLIC ESCAPE FROM REALITY Manga". Seven Seas Entertainment. 2020-04-24.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop