There But for Fortune: The Story of David Mills, Once Britain's Most Expensive Footballer

£9.9
FREE Shipping

There But for Fortune: The Story of David Mills, Once Britain's Most Expensive Footballer

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Frank Spraggon: A defender who married the daughter of former England trainer Harold Shepherdson. He coached abroad and then for Boro’s community scheme. David's face, horribly smashed and disfigured, had to be painstakingly rebuilt in a Newcastle hospital.

Mills scored on his first full appearance for West Brom, but despite the huge sum of money invested in him he was not given many opportunities to prove himself, with injuries, loss of form and a switch to midfield limiting his goals. After scoring only six goals in 59 appearances, he was loaned out to Newcastle United. [2] He is currently working as the head scout for Leicester City. [3] Playing career [ edit ] Middlesbrough [ edit ] Dougherty, Drew (April 30, 2021). "QB is the choice: Texans select Stanford's Davis Mills in 3rd round". HoustonTexans.com . Retrieved May 8, 2021. Archived copy". Archived from the original on 15 July 2011 . Retrieved 22 February 2010. {{ cite web}}: CS1 maint: archived copy as title ( link)After a short spell owning and running a small farm in Somerset in the late 1960s, in 1971 Mills came to what is now the British Wildlife Centre, but was then Gatehouse Farm. His parents had bought it as a retirement home and wanted him to work the land. He played for the Widnes Vikings, Harlequins RL in two separate spells, Hull Kingston Rovers, Leigh Centurions, [3] [4] Swinton Lions and the North Wales Crusaders. He also played for Lancashire in the War of the Roses. And then Jude’s got a big tour coming up with her book on Shakespeare [The Man who Pays the Rent]. It is hilarious. She’s done all the drawings.” As a child, he had two dreams: to be a farmer and to have his own zoo. He puts both down to childhood excursions and family holidays – his father was the head of a large architects’ practice based in central London.

I’m not talking about the old European zoos, which are horrendous, or the zoos we used to have when I was child. You wouldn’t keep animals like that in today’s climate.” Bobby Murdoch: A midfielder who managed Boro but returned to live in Glasgow, where he ran a pub and worked as a match day host at Celtic until his death from a stroke in May 2001, aged 56.

Not that Mills calls his own centre a zoo. “Technically, because we have wild animals on display to the public, we need a zoo licence, but I never call the centre a zoo,” he says. “We are a collection of British wildlife.” Last week saw the publication of the annual “State of Nature” report on biodiversity in these isles, which highlighted that one in six species is at risk of being lost, at a time when our country is among the most nature-degraded in the world. His first team debut came as a substitute towards the end of the 1968–69 season and he scored at Swindown Town in 1969–70 on his full debut. He became a regular two seasons later. As part of Boro's 1973–74 Second Division championship side, he scored the goal that earned the side promotion in the 1–0 victory over Luton Town. Mills came to the attention of the England Under 23 selectors, [4] earning eight caps and scoring three goals. [5] His best season in terms of goals was in the 1976–77 season, in which he scored 18 times in 41 games, making him top scorer that season. He retained that title the next season. [2] Her net worth has been growing significantly in 2022-2023. So, how much is Keith Mills (footballer) worth at the age of 80 years old? Keith Mills (footballer)’s income source is mostly from being a successful footballer. She is from . We have estimated

So, we did it his way and got promotion. We were very hard to beat and, after that Fulham game, went 23 games without defeat. But Mills has been talking and acting on this crisis for decades. “When I started this place in 1994,” he recalls, “my friends all told me, ‘You’ve lost the plot, mate. You are going to be taken away by people in white coats, because you are doing something no one wants.’ ” I kept asking how dad was but they were vague and making excuses. They didn't break the news to me for a week but I'd worked it out for myself by then. Davis Mills College Stats". College Football at Sports-Reference.com . Retrieved September 30, 2021.He was, he recalls, in the main office, “gazing out of the window and suddenly I thought, ‘My God, that is Judi Dench.’ ” He knew that she was local; she had moved into a 15th-century farmhouse in the area with Michael Williams in the 1990s, while her daughter, Finty, and grandson, Sam, were also based nearby.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop