Empire of the Damned: 2 (Empire of the Vampire)

£9.9
FREE Shipping

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Special thanks to my Patrons on Patreon for giving me extra support towards my passion for reading and reviewing! A bit of a mixed bag for me here, but with more positives than negatives. One moment, I found myself grinning at some brilliant quote, the next, I was rolling my eyes at some of the more juvenile jokes. There's definitely a fair share of dirty humor in there, which wasn't always my cup of tea. Through it all though Kristoff's writing style is intense and vivid, the sort that drags you in and doesn't let go. Kristoff is the author of The Lotus War, a Steampunk series inspired by Tokugawa-era Japan. The first novel, Stormdancer, was a finalist for a 2012 Aurealis Award, [8] was shortlisted for two 2013 David Gemmell Awards (for best novel and best debut novel), [9] and was a finalist for the 2013 Compton Crook Award. [10] The prequel novella The Last Stormdancer was the winner of the 2013 Aurealis Award for Best Fantasy Short Fiction. [11] Kristoff refers to the series as crossover fiction that appeals to older young adults and adults. [12] Empire of the Vampire" is a riveting, multi-layered narrative set in a world plunged into eternal darkness by a vampire-led apocalypse. The protagonist, Gabriel de Leon, the last of the Silversaints, is compelled to recount his life's tale to Jean-Francois, a vampire historian. The narrative oscillates between Gabriel's teenage years, his life as a disgruntled addict in his thirties, and the 'present-day' narrative. As a young man, Gabriel grapples with familial relationships, the escalating threat of the vampire empire, his infatuation with blood, and his peculiar abilities that lead him to the Silversaint brotherhood. Years later, Gabriel, now a jaded and disgruntled addict, finds himself unwillingly entwined in a prophecy and part of an unconventional fellowship. In the present timeline, a war-weary Gabriel faces his captor, resulting in a compelling exchange of tales filled with forbidden love, dark menace, power struggles, and the complexity of faith. This saga is a testament to survival and resilience in a world dominated by terror and uncertainty, leaving readers eagerly anticipating the sequel. Aurealis Awards finalists announced" (PDF). March 2013. Archived from the original (PDF) on 18 February 2015.

Empire of the Damned by Jay Kristoff | Waterstones

Empire of the Vampire is an infuriating novel. And yet, at the same time, it is also a brilliant and bloody epic post-apocalyptic fantasy and vampire story. But don’t expect bestselling Australian author Jay Kristoff’s new book, Empire of the Vampire, to follow this modern trend. In this story, the first in a new epic fantasy trilogy, vampires are 100% terrifying again, vicious monsters who kill violently and indiscriminately, and whose powers mean that few humans are capable of standing against them for long. Over the course of the last 20, 30 years they have evolved into something very different,” Kristoff says. “[And] there’s nothing wrong with exploring that kind of vampire,” he adds, describing himself as a “massive fan” of The Vampire Diaries and firmly “Team Delena” when it comes to the love triangle at the show’s center.

Read Empire of the Vampire by Jay Kristoff

It was the twenty-seventh year of daysdeath in the realm of the Forever King, and his murderer was waiting to die.”

Empire of the Vampire - Goodreads Empire of the Vampire - Goodreads

It’s the biggest book that I’ve written. It’s definitely the hardest book that I’ve written,” Kristoff says, whose previous works include the Nevernight trilogy, another massive fantasy shot through with violence, corruption, and complex stakes. “Now that I’m at the tail end of it, [I think] it’s the best book that I’ve ever written. I’m more proud of this novel than anything I’ve ever written in my life, and that’s against some pretty stiff competition.” Many thanks to St. Martin’s Press and NetGalley for access to this eARC sampler, in exchange for an honest review. While everyone sees Gabriel as a hero, this notion seems to annoy him. He knows that he is good at slaying vampires, but he has no illusion about his character’s worth: he is far from being a hero in shining armor, ready to sweep in to save a damsel in distress. He laughs out loud when people call him a hero and does not hesitate to set the records right and let them know that he’s no hero at all. He is ruthless, brutal, and cold (and drunk sometimes), but more than that, he is a survivor. The fact that he is fierce has a magical sword that can communicate with him telepathically, has magical tattoos, and is a half-vampire hell-bent on eradicating the scum of the world also makes him all the more cool and badass. I love the idea of a book being big enough to beat a man with! Not only worth the wait, but I’ll have to actually get it in print instead of ebook!

There is a time for grief, and a time for songs, and a time to recall with fondness all that has been and gone. But there is a time for killing too. There is a time for blood, and a time for rage, and a time to close your eyes and become the thing heaven wants you to be. I had this marked as want to read when it was untitled, bc pfffft c’mon- Kristoffffff, but id be lying if i didnt say i was FLIPPING MY SHIT ATM As much as the news saddens me I will trust your promise and I shall be thirsty for a year longer only to devote all of my soul to EoTV. Thanks for the explanations and stuff!! Para mi esta es su obra cumbre. Y cómo escribe, esos toques de cinismo y humor, me recordó a Abercrombie.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop