Doctor Who - The Collection Season 9 Blu-Ray (Limited Edition Packaging)

£24.995
FREE Shipping

RRP: £49.99
Price: £24.995
£24.995 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

It is very satisfying to report that this assumption has been proven incorrect with each and every release of the these sets, the current Season 9 set being no exception. Louis Marks‘ initial story is certainly elevated by the presence of the Daleks as the overarching threat but the addition of the Ogrons also adds to proceedings. For season 18, the disc for Logopolis erroneously contains the rehearsal scripts for Earthshock instead of the scripts for this story.

Joining them in their adventures are the UNIT team of Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart (Nicholas Courtney), Captain Yates (Richard Franklin) and Sergeant Benton (John Levene). BEHIND THE SOFA: Five new Behind the Sofa episodes featuring Katy Manning (Jo), Peter Davison (The Fifth Doctor), Wendy Padbury (Zoe), Sarah Sutton (Nyssa), Janet Fielding (Tegan), Sophie Aldred (Ace), and director Michael E Briant. Unfortunately everybody gets offended far too easily nowadays (even if they haven’t watched the thing they are offended by) and with cancel culture having a big impact, broadcasters, especially the BBC, are playing it safe. I think that a doc on the Virgin books (the new and missing adventures, maybe the post 1986 novelisations) would be more fitting on a Wilderness Years boxset. This was the thirteenth boxset in The Collection series, featuring Jon Pertwee's third season as the Third Doctor.Over seven exciting stories, the Fifth Doctor, Nyssa ( Sarah Sutton), Tegan ( Janet Fielding) and Turlough ( Mark Strickson) face off against the Black Guardian, Omega, the Mara, the Master, Cybermen and the Time Lords themselves! Delta and the bannermen certainly doesn’t best some of Capaldi’s best stories like heaven sent, thin ice, mummy on the orient express, or flatline, buts it’s miles better than a lot of capaldis worst like kill the moon, in the forest of the night, most of series 9, and most of the monk trilogy.

Yes it has drab moments here and there but I find it overall to be the most consistently brilliant era of Classic Who. As I say, Harris has made a formal apology on what happened, but it’s just the most bizarre thing I have read in a very long time of a Doctor Who cast member. However, the US version of the set did not use the corrected artwork, despite being a couple of months after the UK Release which had it fixed, resulting in Pertwee's face remaining flipped on the front cover.MAKING THE TIME MONSTER – Looking back on the Season 9 finale with Katy Manning, John Levene and more. No booklets or additional physical materials were included with the US release, with the exception of a single double-sided paper listing the special features on each disc included in Seasons 12 and 18.

Reverse Standards Conversions: The 2008 RSC restoration of the first three Episodes produced for the DVD release. Including Australian interviews with Peter Davison and Janet Fielding shot during production of this season. Something will be released soon we ALL know that, let’s just look forward to it and gloat to each other when who gets theirs first. I’ve watched Day of the Daleks so far and the picture quality is improved although maybe not as much as other stories I’ve seen in this range.This was a popular release for me and many others during the VHS era largely due to the interesting concept of paradoxes and seeing UNIT do battle with the Daleks. Following a hugely successful screening of ‘The Sea Devils’ at the BFI in London, Season 9 is a much sought after release. Location Location Location‘ sees Katy Manning and others including Anna Barry and Garrick Hagon, revisit the filming locations used for Season 9. Audio Commentary: Commentary by Katy Manning (Jo Grant), Barry Letts (Producer), Terrance Dicks (Script Editor), Chris D'Oyly-John (Production Assistant), Toby Hadoke (Moderator). Season 3 gonna be last if not penultimate with the amount of work needed with sk many missing episodes with currently 24 as could use the uni version of mission.

CONVENTION FOOTAGE– A chance to hear from UNIT’s Nicholas Courtney and Richard Franklin, recorded in 1986. A View from the Gallery: Producer Barry Letts and vision mixer Mike Catherwood talk about the art of vision mixing on a multi-camera studio show like Doctor Who. Then dropping out of the sky and landing next to the holiday camp, with nobody apparently noticing . Hours of material going behind-the-scenes on production of Arc Of Infinity, Snakedance and The Five Doctors.Anonymous, I’m referring to where you say flash drive would be easier then you might as well go for Britbox streaming I would say if you are going to do straight through your TV rather than change a disc but Blu-Rays are better of course. MOVIE-LENGTH EDITIONS: Special repeat screenings of Day of the Daleks and The Sea Devils, previously unavailable. For instance, season 18 also included K9 and Company, having aired in the gap between seasons 18 and 19, and season 19 included Time Crash. The Doctor Who YouTube page have just put up a video from The Happiness Patrol, the link tardis scene.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop