Jennie (Collins Modern Classics)

Jennie (Collins Modern Classics)

RRP: £6.99
Price: £3.495
£3.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Paul Gallico (1897 – 1976) was a lover of cats and wrote other stories and collections of poems about them. It's a delightful tale about a little boy who sort of becomes a cat and is taught how to behave like one by a wandering feline. Jennie" is of its era - the then-recent memory of World War II affects both setting and sentiment (Gallico was a war reporter from 1943-1946), and a few antique notions of masculine and feminine roles surface briefly - but the dated elements are unobtrusive and do not mar the work.

Eventually he challenges a bully tom cat to a death fight to save Jennie from being “claimed” by him. Among the most valuable lessons of childhood are how to navigate our feelings and our relationships. He then worked for the National Board of Motion Picture Review, and after six months took a job as the motion picture critic for the New York Daily News.I also loved the parts where Jennie inducts Peter into the life of a cat and teaches him survival skills. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. Particularly as another post by a different blogger, about a book by Beverley Nichols Kaggsy’sBookish Ramblings had sent me to my bookshelves in remembrance of a book from childhood by Nichols, about his cats. Humorous and touching, and packed with acutely observed feline behaviour, this is a beloved classic that’s essential for any cat-lover.

My favorite Next Generation episode was “The Inner Light,” in which Picard falls into a coma on board and mentally awakes on the planet Kataan, where people insist he is a man named Kamin.

Paul Gallico truly explores what it would be like to be a cat living in the wild, with no guaranteed source of food or shelter. This is an excellent example, as it really is carefully thought through, just how a child would experience another animal's world.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop