Do Let’s Have Another Drink: The Singular Wit and Double Measures of Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother

£9.9
FREE Shipping

Do Let’s Have Another Drink: The Singular Wit and Double Measures of Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Entertaining …compelling…it explains a lot about this most misunderstood of matriarchs…she put the backbone into a royal family that was floundering when she joined it. There are some fascinating bits about her ancestral home, the much-haunted Glamis Castle in Scotland. He later claimed that he couldn't quite remember doing the Baptism and whether he cited the baby's name correctly during the ceremony.

However, once I switched gears and realized what a wonderful biography I was reading about this historic royal icon, I ploughed through it with delight!You can change your choices at any time by visiting Cookie preferences, as described in the Cookie notice. We know their names; King George VI, Queen Elizabeth II, Prince Phillip, Prince (now King) Charles, Princess Diana, and Prince William.

For fans of The Crown and featuring new revelations, never before published, and colourful anecdotes about the woman the high society photographer Cecil Beaton once described as ‘a marshmallow made on a welding machine’, Do Let’s Have Another Drink is a delightful celebration of one of the most consistently popular members of the Royal Family. This is not a chronological retelling of Elizabeth’s life, but rather many different windows into different times in her life.

Told as a series of 101 stories from the life of Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon, the reader is given a real glimpse of the Queen who is cemented in the popular imagination as a figure of fun and warmth, yet became known as the most dangerous woman in Europe. These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop