Stop Overthinking: 23 Techniques to Relieve Stress, Stop Negative Spirals, Declutter Your Mind, and Focus on the Present (The Path to Calm)

£4.115
FREE Shipping

Stop Overthinking: 23 Techniques to Relieve Stress, Stop Negative Spirals, Declutter Your Mind, and Focus on the Present (The Path to Calm)

RRP: £8.23
Price: £4.115
£4.115 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

It's more like a friend, philosopher and guide than a book. Felt like the author herself is talking to you, taking you through the journey that, you and she, both are parts of. This book provides practical strategies and techniques to help readers overcome overthinking. The book aims to help readers find a balance between their emotional and rational minds. By doing so, people can make better decisions and lead a more fulfilling life. Some great things that the book covers are: Rood L, Roelofs J, Bögels SM, Arntz A. The effects of experimentally induced rumination, positive reappraisal, acceptance, and distancing when thinking about a stressful event on affect states in adolescents. J Abnorm Child Psychol. 2012;40(1):73-84. doi:10.1007/s10802-011-9544-0 Dr. Mosconi sheds light on brain health from a unique perspective: her scientific research covers neuroscience, microbiology, genomics, and nutrition. This holistic approach to cognitive health links diet to brain function and explains why you’re always tired.

Once you can identify your triggers, you may be able to create a list of books that will work best for you. If you’re open to any books for overthinkers, let’s jump into the list below! Best Books For Overthinkers Now you are showering me with lectures that I can achieve ANYTHING, I can BE POSITIVE, I can have mental peace, I can do this I can do that. How on earth? We can't stop worrying, neither we can leave our families. the more decisions you have, the more likely it will become a bigger piece of a pie you can’t chew.” This was an audiobook from NetGalley and I listened to it doing that most mindful of things, an enormous jigsaw puzzle. I found it really great to listen and contemplate the way I worry, to take notes and later mull over some of the learnings.Aside from these unhelpful strategies, another key factor that can perpetuate overthinking is your beliefs about thinking (the term ‘metacognitive’ in ‘metacognitive therapy’ – the clinical approach I use – actually refers to thinking about thinking). When my clients start metacognitive therapy, many of them are convinced that they have no control of their thought processes. They believe that their thoughts just appear and automatically attract attention – and that they can’t control whether these thoughts develop into hour-long ruminations about how bad things are now, or into catastrophic worries about what could go wrong in the future. Stop worrying about what you did today and start living in the moment. Stop living for tomorrow and start breathing in the positivity of today. Stop overthinking your future and make big changes to live your future now. Sun H, Tan Q, Fan G, Tsui Q. Different effects of rumination on depression: key role of hope. Int J Ment Health Syst. 2014;8(1):53. doi:10.1186/1752-4458-8-53 The book comes with a comprehensive list of dos and don’ts for eating, a scientific quiz showing you how healthy your brain is, and lots of specific recipes to eliminate brain fog. (Dr. Mosconi is from Italy, so you can rest assured, they’ll be delicious.)

Anxiety can be a paralyzing force. For many, it is at the heart of their indecision and overthinking. Ehring T. Thinking too much: rumination and psychopathology. World Psychiatry. 2021;20(3):441-442. doi:10.1002/wps.20910 Perhaps this is referenced somewhere, but it’s nigh on impossible to tell as the way the book is referenced is essentially just a great long list. Bob Miglani used to be anxious about his life, overwhelmed with work, and in constant worry about his finances.I believe the exercises given in this book will be much more useful if you have a physical copy of the book close at hand, though. The audiobook is clearly and professionally narrated, but at times I would have liked to return to some previously discussed matters to clarify a point or revisit an example, and you can't really do that with audio. Self-help books tend to suffer from this format, I think, and this one was no exception.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop