The Lost Whale: A powerful animal adventure story for children, from the bestselling author of The Last Bear

£9.9
FREE Shipping

The Lost Whale: A powerful animal adventure story for children, from the bestselling author of The Last Bear

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Rio goes to stay with his grandmother in LA after his mother is taken to a hospital to recover from mental health issues. At first there is friction, but it doesn't take long for them to find common ground, but also for Rio to make friends. Growing up, Hannah’s biggest dream was to own a cat and be a writer and she’s happy to say she’s achieved both. After studying screenwriting at university she went onto work in the London film and theatre industry before following her heart to sunnier climes. She now lives in Lincolnshire with her tortoise, her cat and her husband.

Historien har så mange hjerteskærende og rørende elementer i sig og selvom det er en bog til det lidt yngre publikum, så kan man som voksen virkelig også få en god pose med stof til eftertanke med sig videre. Det er en historie om kærlighed. Kærlighed til mennesker. Kærlighed til dyr. Kærlighed til naturen. Kærlighed der både gør ondt og varmer. Jeg synes, at historien er så fin, at den ikke skal gives væk, for hvis du sidder derude og er blevet nysgerrig, så vil jeg ikke ødelægge den for dig. Hvis du kunne lide “Den sidste børn” af samme forfatter, så vil du ELSKE den her. The story is totally engrossing – once I started reading I had to read it in one go! Gold writes about animal adventures in a completely natural way, combining lots of information with a strong story line and characters which evoke our empathy. It’s a story you can literally dive into, enjoying the vicarious thrills of spotting – and along the way – saving grey whales.Sobrepesca y contaminación acuática (entre otros problemas a los que se enfrentan las criaturas marinas). Está claro que estamos en un momento crítico respecto a estos problemas, así que me parece genial tener una historia que ayude a concienciar a los más pequeños porque, afrontémoslo, cada generación se encontrará con que el problema es cada vez mayor. Me gusta también el enfoque concreto que se le da, no es abstracto, te habla de las ballenas y, aun más concretamente de una ballena con la que Rio siente una conexión emocional, lo cual ayuda a despertar mayor interés en el lector.

It was enlightening, fascinating and such a beautiful story on the many experiences so many had with this Orca. It truly makes you think about the big picture and how little we truly understand about the intelligence and empathy that we ignorantly assume are characteristics only possessed by human beings and not other living creatures that share our Earth. The most spellbinding read. I raced through this book, completely engrossed in Rio and his quest to find White Beak. My book of the year so far' Nizrana Farook, author of The Girl Who Stole an ElephantAfter that, you're probably thinking "It can't be THAT bad. She must be exaggerating." You'd be right. This book is so much worse.

Big thank you to Books Are My Bag for sending me this as part of the Children’s Fiction Shortlist for the Indie Book Awards!*Night Mayor Franklefink has vanished from the Transylvanian Express - and it's up to you to solve the case! Part of the Solve Your Own Mystery seri... I'm a school librarian who is helping the school choose a new book for the KS3 transition class to read in the upcoming academic year. This book is one of our five choices. A spellbinding adventure full of illustrations by the wonderful Levi Pinfold - that will leave you in awe - Hannah Gold brings you close to the ocean, the wonderful animals that inhabit there and the wrongdoings humans have brought upon both. The seaside town that is to be his home for the next four weeks is a tourist spot for whale watchers. After making a friend called Marina he begins to learn about the grey whale, and the whale in his mum’s drawing. This whale is called White Beak. A photo of his mum on a whale watching boat shows her how she used to be. Beaming with happiness and love – White Beak was “her” whale. Both a hug and a battle cry with the most beautiful friendship at its heart. April and Bear's bond changes them both forever. And it might just change you too' Aisling Fowler, author of Fireborn

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop