Rules for Perfect Murders: The ‘fiendishly good’ new thriller from the bestselling author

£9.9
FREE Shipping

Rules for Perfect Murders: The ‘fiendishly good’ new thriller from the bestselling author

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Mal ends up taking on some leads into the investigation himself. He has to for his own safety. Will this game of cat and mouse ever stop? Is the murderer trying to frame him, to catch his attention, or will he be the next victim? As the body count continues to mount, Kershaw inevitably tries to protect himself by starting his own investigations into whom the murderer might be. The number of twists that course of action takes will have you second-guessing Kershaw, the FBI, and yourself!

Will Dean’s series about deaf Swedish reporter Tuva Moodyson is a must read – and this book is his best yet. The book certainly brought all the feels, and elements of all characters. Throughout the novel, the story is smooth and generally moves along well. At the end of the day if you are looking for something that you have read similar to this before and don’t mind another, then this will satisfy you. If you are looking for something more than just an average read, that you will want to engage with, then this is also something you will enjoy. Details About Rules for Perfect Murders by Peter Swanson ePub Wow! What do I even say about a book that has rendered me speechless? This book is a thriller lovers dream come true. First of all, Peter Swanson won me over with The Kind Worth Killing and has never let me down since. I find him and Liz Nugent to be the masters of the dark, twisted thrillers. I often wonder how they come up with this stuff! Can you imagine their computer search history? The stuff that murders are made of!!! I loved the style of the writing: how the beginning started with “a memoir” and the reader is trying to figure out if they can trust Malcom for the whole story

Rules for Perfect Murders

I didn’t get rejected for this book but I couldn’t let it root at the NetGalley’s pending purgatory so this time I’m thanking myself and my husband’s credit card to buy this book and devour it at one sit! Highly recommending, one of the best thrillers of the year! Of course I should have had this!

The protagonist, Malcolm Kershaw, is the co-owner of the Old Devils Bookstore, a place specializing in mysteries. One day, an FBI agent enters the store and begins to question him about several murders, which may or may not be related. What has brought Malcolm to her attention is a blog post he wrote when he was first hired at Old Devils: "Eight Perfect Murders." It's a list of eight mystery/thriller novels that contain, in Malcolm's opinion, the most "perfect", unsolvable, uncatchably brilliant murders. Thing is, some of the recent murders seem oddly similar to several of the "perfect" murders in the novels listed. Even if you are only moderately familiar with the books on this list, you can see how diverse the list is. The eight books listed range from whodunits to inverted mysteries- and of the three books I’ve read, all were absolutely genius! This is a book for those who love mysteries and appreciate the nuances of the genre . Mal discusses what makes mysteries so riveting to read. He details some classics, and in discussing the perfect murder plots, reminds readers of why some mysteries are so powerful. I was recently asked if I’d keep a really foolproof idea for a murder to myself. I was unsure of the implication. Did the interviewer want to know if I’d keep it out of the hands of a potential real-life criminal, or would I be keeping it to myself for possible practical application in the future (a particularly harsh book critic, maybe)? Regardless, my answer is a resounding no. Mal is very matter-of-fact in his telling of this narrative, I thought. I imagined him to have a dry tone even as he relates everything going on because he is beginning to realise he’s not where he wants to be. It’s when he talks about Claire, about their life together tha t I can feel the anger and love in his words.Those eight books include Strangers on a Train, Patricia Highsmith’s venomous debut, which suggests the road to getting away with murder is for two killers to swap over their victims; Anthony Berkeley Cox’s Malice Aforethought, practically a how-to guide for poisoning a spouse; and Donna Tartt’s chilly tale of undergraduate murder, The Secret History, in which a tight-knit group of classics majors dispatch one of their own. I was able to read it all in one day and it helped distract me from everything going on in the world right now A series of unsolved murders with one thing in common: each of the deaths bears an eerie resemblance to the crimes depicted in classic mystery novels. No,' I said, but that wasn't entirely true. It did remind me of something, but I couldn't remember exactly what it was. 'I don't think so,' I added.

Lately, there is a very definite trend for murderers who get away with it. Highsmith got there first, offering up Tom Ripley in five books filled with his unsolved crimes. Nowadays, just in the realm of TV, we have Dexter, the serial killer who hunts his own kind, and the cut-off-in-its-prime Hannibal, an artful, imaginative riff on the world of Thomas Harris’s Hannibal Lecter. Then there’s Ruth Wilson’s sly performance as Alice Morgan on Luther, stealing the limelight from Idris Elba, and Jody Comer’s brilliant assassin in Killing Eve, adding a sense of humour to the killing game. Rules for Perfect Murders by Peter Swanson was published in Australia by Allen & Unwin and is now available. Rules for Perfect Murders is also filled with book titles you’ll know, endings you’ve probably heard about at some point and it’s filled with love for every single one. It’s going to make you gleeful like you wouldn’t believe, and let’s not forget – Mal is a bookshop owner. Now hands up, who thought that would be the best job ever at one point? I sure did (but with less murder and mayhem). In Rebecca Fleet’s The Second Wife, Alex is walking home along the seafront one evening when he smells smoke and realises his house is on fire. His wife, Natalie, has escaped, but his daughter, Jade, is still inside. She is rescued by a firefighter, but when she wakes, she tells her father that she was hiding when the fire began, because there was a man in their house. This book comes up on GR as Malcolm Kershaw #1, which might be an indication that Swanson intends to continue to write Kershaw mysteries. I hope he doesn’t abandon his standalone, modern mysteries to start feeding the ravenous maw of series obsessed readers, but I do understand the realities of publishing. A well-received mystery series is like the commissions on annuities for a life insurance salesman.I love that this feels like a tribute to crime mystery thrillers, as it discusses these perfect murders from eight different books in great detail

What could be more perfect than a mystery bookstore owner with an in-house cat named Nero (Nero Wolf)? There are literary references throughout the book, which made me want to drop what I was doing and read (or re-read) every book mentioned. I have a list. The eight books Mal has listed for 'Eight Perfect Murders' are ones a lot of us are familiar with, but there were a few there I hadn't read (I will remedy that). Swanson continues to refer to other mysteries throughout the book - I have come away with a huge reading list! This is a bookish book, for bookish people, and one I will be buying a hard copy of. I expect to read it again. If I could nominate this as a modern classic murder mystery, I would. This deserves to be with the Agatha Christies, which is exactly where it will be being placed on my library shelves. This one isn’t quite a wow, but I really enjoyed it just the same. What’s not to like a book about mysteries? Oddly the title is a misnomer, how can the murders be perfect if the suspects are all caught?

Because mysteries are an addicting diversion, because they challenge my mind while I try to work out all the angles. Because mysteries make my heart race, as the suspense mounts and the twists leave me breathless and stunned! Calling All Bloggers!!!! This book might make you want to resist/reconsider/re-think blogging lists; such as, your top ten favorite books, top ten favorite movies, or as is the case in this book - making a list about "The Eight Perfect Murders" found in fiction. The blog post in question is still floating around in the internet stratosphere, evidently catching the attention of a fiendish murderer, who is now using Malcolm’s list as a guide, duplicating the methods employed in the eight books on the list.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop