Audio Pro Addon C5A with Alexa built-in, Wireless, Bluetooth, Smart Speaker with Multi-room – Black

£81.435
FREE Shipping

Audio Pro Addon C5A with Alexa built-in, Wireless, Bluetooth, Smart Speaker with Multi-room – Black

RRP: £162.87
Price: £81.435
£81.435 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

It’s an excellent speaker with a very clean and pure sound, even more than Sonos, which sounds a bit heavier when side by side. I think the tuning leans towards audio enthusiasts and even though I wouldn’t consider this an Audiophile-grade speaker it is extremely pleasing. Comparison with the Audio Pro C3 and C10 Speakers Multi-room speaker systems are tested for sound quality, features, ease of set-up and use, and overall performance. And we aim to test multiple products in each family, usually involving at least two wireless speakers and a soundbar but this will vary depending on each system's product line-up. The Addon C5A welcomes us with that same Award-winning musical understanding. There’s plenty of bass for a unit this size, and a level of detail we’ve become used to from these speakers, but the highlight is undoubtedly these boxes’ level of expression. The Addon C3 has a 9cm woofer, it measures 10cm on the Addon C5 and Addon C5A, while the Addon C10 has the largest at 13cm. The power output from the Class D digital amplification rises in similar increments: 15W, 40W and 80W respectively.

C5A - Audio Pro C5A - Audio Pro

Removing a service requires that service's ID and passcode - yet the reason I want to remove a service is because it's outdated and I don't have the login info! Updating, sure. But removing???? Unsurprisingly, that’s one of the first things that jumps out when we switch the A10 on. We love the directness of its siblings, but the versatility and sheer spread of sound here is to be admired. It doesn’t have quite the unwavering focus, nor the sheer weight in the low end, but we can move around our test room and still be treated to the same high quality sound. It's a combination of factors. Sonos has been in the game for a long time, so it's built up a reputation. Its ecosystem is one of the most comprehensive out there, with all the main streaming apps and services covered, and an 'everything just works' approach. The Addon C5 is as happy expressing the irreverence in Mortimer’s tone – and the desperation in Dawson’s as he attempts to say something funny – as it is laying down the grooves on Echoes.Sonos is rumoured to be working on a pair of wireless headphones, so who knows, there might be less to separate these two brands in future... This app lets you connect to almost any high-resolution streaming service like Tidal, Qobuzz, Deezer, and Spotify, as well as radio services like TuneIn and iHeart.

C5A - Audio Pro - Play Nice

What Hi-Fi? said:Sonos might be among the best in the business, but it isn't your only option if you want to go multi-room. Of course, it helps that Sonos' app is first class, as is its sound quality. Is Bose or Sonos better? Most importantly for this particular speaker, though, is the question of how well Audio Pro has integrated its voice control abilities, and whether there is enough reason to pay the extra over a regular Addon C5. Treble is present and done well via the two tweeters. They did a nice job of delivering a sparkle but not delving into the sibilant territory.

What Hi-Fi? Awards 2020 winner. For sound quality at this price, this system is unbeatable

Another Award for Audio Pro is barely news anymore, but the fact this year the Drumfire displaced the Naim Mu-so – a product almost double the price we once heralded as the nearest to hi-fi we’d heard from a wireless speaker – as our most expensive champion in 2018 is proof it is operating on a different level to anything else around it. Remember, the Addon range is a system meant for you to combine the different speakers in the range depending on where you are listening. If it was my money, I would go with a C10 in the living room, C5A in the kitchen and bedrooms, and perhaps a C5A set up in the garage and study. That would be a really nice setup for an average family home. Final Thoughts

Audio Pro Control App - Audio Pro - Play Nice Audio Pro Control App - Audio Pro - Play Nice

This includes a clever process where the speaker uses in-built sensors to optimise its sound settings for its position in the room. Testing the feature by moving it closer to a wall in our listening room, our reviewers could hear the HomePod 2 adjusting its sound in real-time. Very impressive. Sound quality is subjective. Ask even two audiophiles to compare the same speaker, and they will probably have very different opinions. At their price point, both of these multiroom speakers massively outperform the competition. If we had to choose between them, though, we would have to give the edge to the Addon C5A. For one thing, it's much more comfortable producing truly room-filling sound. With twin 3/4" tweeters and a 4" long-throw tweeter, all powered by a 40W Class D digital amplifier, it produces truly hi-fi quality sound. The Sonos One is slightly less expressive, whereas the speaker tech and layout of the Addon C5A means music of all genres has enough space to really shine. FeaturesYes, I feel natural is a great way to describe the C5A. Bass can hit hard when required but is not overbearing, and it’s actually very clean in the response. This is a more refined tuning than I have seen from makers like Sony and Harmon Kardon, who tend to bloom the low end to compensate for the small size. Audio Pro refrained from that, and to myself, as a hobbyist, I felt it was very accurate and allowed more spacing to be shown in the midrange frequencies. The increased power and driver and cabinet size predictably ushers a grander performance each step you take up the chain, with the Addon C10 particularly able to rattle trinkets from the mantelpiece or twist our insides with its low-end authority. It is the use of a BMR, or Balanced Mode Radiator, tweeter that is most canny, however. Among its many benefits, this flatter-faced driver has the ability to offer wider dispersion than a traditional tweeter – up to 180º in fact – and so can make the most of the A10’s cylindrical form, making it far less fussy when it comes to positioning.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop