Bosch Home and Garden Bench Drill PBD 40 (710 W, Maximum Drilling Diameter In Steel/Wood: 13 mm/40 mm, Drilling Stroke 90 mm, In Carton Packaging)

£169.5
FREE Shipping

Bosch Home and Garden Bench Drill PBD 40 (710 W, Maximum Drilling Diameter In Steel/Wood: 13 mm/40 mm, Drilling Stroke 90 mm, In Carton Packaging)

RRP: £339.00
Price: £169.5
£169.5 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

I was at the point of going upmarket to try to get better belts until I realised I needed the floor space more than I needed the pedestal. That is, drill the first part of the hole to say 80mm depth, and then move the head down with the bit registered at the top of the hole, and then complete the drilling (for say another 20-30mm). Feed wheel rotates around 300 deg - not quite a full revolution- I have no trouble using it but I'm 192cm, perhaps long arms has something to do with that. They mention that the speed is actually measured by the tool, it's light enough to move around and that the base is sturdy and heavy enough to use on a bench for small work. It also has a built in light (very useful), and a built in laser (not so useful, but still nice to have).

One thing I would point out is I have to tighten the pillar lock as hard as I can to prevent any wobble. Every small bench top drill press I have seen requires the DP to clamped or bolted down, I have to wonder if these reviewers have ever reviewed / used a similar sized standard DP? You tighten it by hand and turn a locking ring but I am sure I will get used to that and it seems to hold the drill bit securely and accurately.

I watched a review on Youtube where another happy owner said it was quieter than his vacuum cleaner. The Chuck is easy to use, lock and unlock but - my assessment of what happened - prolongued use, and thus Bit heat at high (max) revs, doing fairly tough demanding work, causes sufficient expansion of BOTH the Chuck and the Bit to 'fuse' to a minor extent - certainly enough to prevent easy, 'designed' release of the Bit once unlocked. Despite the popular quote that ‘no one wants a drill – what they want is the hole’, we’re almost certain that most new makers do in fact want a drill, even if only to pretend they’re James Bond for a few minutes, before using it to put up shelves (or is that just us? My full-height pedestal drill press had less travel than this little drill - about 80 mm rather than the 90 mm of the Bosch.

It also has a very good emergency stop button, where you can just hit the on/off button to turn off. Whenever you are drilling metal, don't forget to use lots of lovely cutting fluid, to help to keep your bit cool).So for example if you're drilling a tough material you will see the speed decrease on the LCD screen.

The content contained on this site is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute professional advice. You must send back the goods or hand them over to us without undue delay, and in any event not later than 30 days from the day on which you communicate your cancellation from the contract to us. As a manufacturing pioneer with more than a century’s worth of experience, the Bosch name has become synonymous with engineering excellence. The built in work light is more than adequate and the laser guide crosshairs system eliminates guesswork. New: A brand-new, unused, unopened and undamaged item in original retail packaging (where packaging .This took another week to arrive and once again the bosch seal had been broken but the drill and packaging looked ok so i accepted it.

If measured from no-pressure to pushing in one direction then it's about half that much, about one sixth of a millimeter. I've lost enormous amounts of sleep reading about chuck wobble on drills but one thing i have recently discovered is that none of my drill bits are perfectly straight either. This might be a deal breaker for some, but hasn’t hindered our use thus far, and should we ever require an angled hole, it should be easy enough to rig up a homemade jig to sit on the baseplate. the clamping bracket tends to fall to the table when you remove the workpiece and can get a bit stuck, requiring a bit of a fiddle to lift it.So far i have not bothered to make use of the electronic depth guage, still preferring to mark a depth stop on the bit with some coloured tape. Yes, the travel could be limiting, except that I do exactly as you suggested and move the head down once the hole has reached "bottom". Some struggle with the fact there's no handle on the wheel but it does have a big advantage in pen making.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop