No Time For Goodbye

No Time For Goodbye

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

The psychological element of No Time for Goodbye is particularly interesting--it delves into the complex emotions that follow a traumatic event." Nos encontramos ante una novela de suspense que quizá no gane el premio a libro del año (aunque ya sabemos que muchos premios se los dan a 📚 💩) , pero que cumple su cometido como artículo de entretenimiento con creces. My summer binge continues with my 4th from the author and it was another solid and enjoyable thriller! As Paul becomes increasingly hysterical, convinced this typewriter is haunted in some way, his wife becomes more and more worried for his well-being. But, Paul is determined to investigate the murders, hoping to find answers that will help him find closure.

ISBN 978-0-385-66957-3. Originally titled 360: A Novel ISBN 978-0-553807950. Part of the Promise Falls series only added to his problems. Either it was possessed, or Paul completely lost his mind, or ‘somebody’ wanted Paul to believe he was losing his mind. To give credit where credit is due the central hook or plot twist which drives this story is fairly ingenious, unfortunately the narrative around it is doled out piecemeal and at times excruciatingly slow, drip by drip as if from an eye-dropper. I also found Terry and Cynthia unrealistic - for instance Cynthia, an understandably over-protective mother, abandons her daughter without a second thought in the middle of a crowded shopping mall to chase a man who looks like her long lost brother. When Terry follows her lead, she blows up at him for leaving their daughter alone in the Food Court. The book is full of such incongruities concerning our protagonists. Because of this I found it difficult to work up any empathy for these two and at times found them downright aggravating. OK, normally I avoid anything the least bit scary...anything with a paranormal vibe to it. But this is Linwood Barclay! I can’t just pass up one of his books! So, turning on all the lights, with my hubby (and brave puppy) by my side to protect me...I dove in!🙈THE NOISE DOWNSTAIRS has us following Paul as he is recovering from his physical injury caused by the strike with the shovel as well as the emotional trauma.
Mr. Barclay keeps the tension high and the story line is intriguing. The ending twists were well hidden from the reader.
The introduction of the typewriter was very clever, and the typewriter seemed to be included as another character.
This was my first book by Mr. Barclay, and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
If you have enjoyed Mr. Barclay's books, you won't want to miss his newest. 5/5 A friendly book discussion hosted by Oakville Public Library, Ontario, Canada. Our library staff will review two books every month. Please feel free t A friendly book discussion hosted by Oakville Public Library, Ontario, Canada. Our library staff will review two books every month. Please feel free to add your thoughts about the books we review. New members always welcome! Sometimes, it's easier to tell a stranger something very personal. It's like there's less risk, opening yourself up to someone who doesn't know you.” Although Paul survived physically, mentally he is still struggling. He decides the best therapy might be to face his demons head on, and maybe even write a book about his ordeal. His therapist even gives him the green light to pursue this avenue. Desperately trying to focus, Paul is frustrated by his continual memory loss, something his wife, Charlotte, is very concerned about.

Thank you Linwood Barclay, this book was exactly what i needed! I recently went through a week-long reading slump, having completed/dnf'd two disappointing books (The Last Guest House & Temper) and was considering taking a break from reading for a while, but something made me decide to give this one a shot. I'm so glad I read this! Linwood Barclay is a dependable thriller author, so when I read the synopsis I knew this book would be interesting. It was entertaining to say the least, as well as creepy, thrilling, humorous, and so much more! No Time for Goodbye begins when 14-year-old, Cynthia, wakes up after a night of partying with her boyfriend, feeling hungover and worried about the trouble she is going to be in with her parents after her dad found her extremely intoxicated and with a much too old boy the previous evening. However, when she goes searching for parents and then her brother, they are nowhere to be found. Were they murdered? Kidnapped? Did they leave and abandon their daughter? It's three decades later and no one has any idea. But Cynthia is permanently scarred by what happened and she's living with the damage, which is affecting her marriage and her 8-year-old daughter, who is overprotected by Cynthia.

The characters in No Time for Goodbye are incredibly well-developed; I felt like I really got to know them as the story progressed." Tl;dr - Not a bad book, or a bad thriller. I just think Jeff Abbott's work is better. Or Zoë Sharp's The Blood Whisperer. They specialize in this kind of fast-paced thriller novel. Eric Plume and Robert B. Parker might also be good choices if you want a more "hard-boiled P.I." flavor. Esskayess from Dallas, TxBeautiful, powerful and haunting. Always seems like a dirge to me, for the demise of love and a musical finger pointed at the one who killed it. Good lord, though, was this ever written in blunt pencil. Simplistic, repetitive. Bland characters. Characters who blink a lot. "Charlotte blinked three times." It's my new pet peeve. I don't need to read about characters' eyelid action, okay? Everyone blinks. It goes without saying, or should, at least. This quote above is in reference to an old typewriter which the protagonist from A Noise Downstairs believes is possessed by the spirits of murder victims. It might sound a little crazy, but the premise makes for an entertaining psychological thriller with some surprising twists!

This book had a solid, interesting story - but Linwood Barclay is no Jeff Abbott, in my opinion. For a thriller, you could do a lot worse than this. The mystery is fast-paced, exciting, mysterious, and makes relative sense. Patti from WisconsinThe original origin of this song was not written by any band member of starship.. Yes, they recorded it, made it a hit but they did not write it. How do I know? I know exactly who first wrote it, have known him all my life, but that is a private matter for now. Just wish he would have gotten credit for this amazing song. She gets letters from someone unknown telling her that she should leave things be but she is headstrong & hires Denton Abagnall to see what he can find out, he tells her he will see what he can do, suddenly she rings his cell to find out if he has found anything out but has disappeared his wife hadn't heard from him either? The book is narrated by Terry - Cynthia's husband. I thought I liked him for a long time, but eventually he started grating on me with his distrust of his own wife and his occasional stupidity.Naturally, there was a point where I was just positive I had the puzzle solved, which was a huge let down. I was very disappointed- I mean really upset that yet another veteran author 'phoned in.' But, as it turns out, I wasn't nearly as smart as I thought I was. Maybe I was the one being lazy- Or the very least, guilty of not giving the author a little more credit than that. There’s nothing scarier than a simple every day sound being hear when there’s no reasonable explanation on what’s causing it! I think No Time for Goodbye does an excellent job of highlighting how our past experiences shape our present decisions." I’m a fan of George Newbern and he delivered his usual fine performance, mastering each character and telling the story in a way that kept me engaged. It’s Paul’s point of view for most of the story and Newbern became him so easily, at least in my ear. This is a fun psychological thriller, very entertaining, with perfectly timed twists, and expert pacing. There are some weak spots, a few highly implausible scenarios and dialogue, but for the most part this story is tightly woven, effective, and very suspenseful.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop