Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac

Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

I became a fan of Yuya Tegoshi just yesterday, then I watched the movie this morning because I know that he was part of it.

This book had been languishing on my to-read shelf so I’m very grateful that the YA Book Club here at Goodreads chose it for their July book because it motivated me to finally read it. There could've been so much done about a girl who wakes up in the hospital with her memory wiped, but it just didnt follow through. Zevin uses too many characters and has too many different plot points to effectively orchestrate a coherent theme about life in high school. Its well written teenage fiction and the title is sure to grab the attention of teenagers everywhere. Zevin is a master at creating gorgeously painful tension that builds and builds until I THOUGHT I MIGHT DIE IF THEY DID NOT FREAKING KISS ALREADY.There were moments when she was with James (the boy that sort of rescued her from the fall) when I thought: even if she had lost her memory, surely she shouldn’t have lost her common sense, but apparently so.

There were a few instances where I was like, "No, they don't do that in Japan" which might be pretty arrogant of me. She doesn't remember that her mum and dad are divorced -- or that her mum is remarried with a four year old daughter (her half-sister) and her dad is engaged to a dancer.First of all, if you bought this book thinking it's a good, teen romance, I would say stop right there! Enthralled by Naomi’s honest, fresh voice and her occasional wry, direct appeals to the reader, teens will find her tale unforgettable. You forget your junior class schedule and where you used to sit and your best friend's home phone number and the lyrics to that song you must have played a million times.

The protagonist, Naomi Porter, was barely likeable, and came off as extremely selfish, cranky, and just generally bitchy for no apparent reason. Naomi feels an immediate attraction to him especially after she realizes she can't remember anything in her life from the past four years. From the author of Elsewhere and the Birthright trilogy, Gabrielle Zevin’s Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac is an imaginative YA novel all about love and second chances.

Meanwhile, Naomi spends more time with James, watching classic movies and getting to know him better. B ook release dates, event news, words of note, and the occasional rumination on the meaning of it all. The book ends with Naomi in her new boyfriend James' car, when her memory comes flooding back to her. Approximately 50 years in the future, New York is a ruined city where goods are rationed and chocolate is illegal.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop