ghd Duet Style 2-in-1 Hot Air Styler in Black - Transforms Hair from Wet to Styled with Air-Fusion Technology

£89.5
FREE Shipping

ghd Duet Style 2-in-1 Hot Air Styler in Black - Transforms Hair from Wet to Styled with Air-Fusion Technology

RRP: £179.00
Price: £89.5
£89.5 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Yes, the whole way in which you use it takes some adjusting to, but personally, I think it's fantastic. As somebody with long, fine, thin hair, I found that using the GHD Duet Style actually gave my hair way more lift at the roots than I'm used to achieving at home. My hair was full of volume and looked like it was in optimal health. Afterwards, my hair looked much sleeker than if I'd used a hair dryer, and had a bit more volume than if I'd ironed-flat my whole head of hair. The styler provides the perfect mix of volume and sleekness – almost reminiscent of the 90s signature fluffy blowout. Once all your hair is completely dried, for an optional boost of shine, activate Shine Shot™ by pressing down the Shine Shot™ button for 4 seconds until you hear a beep (Shine Shot™ should only be used on dry hair.) The fan will stop and the plate temperature will increase to the optimal ghd styling temperature of 365°F. Once the product beeps and the lights stop flashing, Shine Shot™ is ready. Your Duet Style can now be used as a regular flat iron.

Introducing the revolutionary ghd duet style - the first 2-in-1 hot air styler* that dries and styles hair at the same time with no damage**. On paper, my ghd Duet Style review was a success, but there was a moment post-styling where I looked at my rod-straight hair and wondered if ghd is 10 years too late with this innovation. Even straight-hair coveters like me have graduated to the idea of a soft wave instead of poker straight hair. ghd doesn’t mention waving or curling hair with this product, but I thought I’d give it a go. Using the shine shot, I was able to add a subtle wave to my hair, which made my finished style feel softer and more modern. The plates are wide, so this wouldn’t be possible on short hairstyles, just shoulder-length to long hairstyles and it takes a bit of practice to get the technique right (even if you already know how to curl hair with a straightener)According to ghd, in a consumer testing panel of 142 women, there was no thermal hair damage detected after 100 cycles of 4 passes of the tool in wet-to-style mode compared to naturally dried hair. These are impressive stats, but the cynic in me still doesn’t quite believe that any tool powered by heat won’t damage the hair at least a little bit. Instead of saying it doesn’t cause any damage at all, I would lean towards saying that the ghd Duet Styler results in reduced damage compared to using a separate hairdryer and straightener. Keep in mind too that even air drying your hair, which is widely considered to be the kindest option, can still cause some damage. This is because our strands are weaker when they’re wet and are therefore more prone to snagging and snapping caused by things like brushing, combing and friction on your pillow. Can you use the ghd Duet Styler on dry hair?

If you have curly or wavy hair and like to blow dry your lengths to be straight, this tool will revolutionise your routine—I'm absolutely certain of that. The extra heat and clamping motion sets it miles above any blow-dry brush or multi-styler out there for this sort of thing. If that's you, please don't let anything else that I'm about to say put you off. Anyone who knows me would be able to confirm that I wear my hair straight 99.9% of the time. As someone who has naturally wavy hair, I've tried tons of hair straighteners and hot air brushes alike, so when I heard about the new GHD wet-to-dry styler, I was almost immediately sold. A hair dryer and a straightener that claims to style and dry your hair with no damage? Yes, to all of the above.Instead of exposing my hair to the high heat of a hairdryer, followed by a straightener temperature of 185°C, the max it got to was 150°C (without the shine shot). My hair felt soft, healthy, and not-at-all frazzled after use. As a great writer does, I went in to this with zero research, with no user manual in sight. I know, I'm so good at my job. As such, I had no expectations. I turned on the slightly chunkier-than-average hair straightener-lookalike and was greeted by the sound of a small jet engine. Interesting. GHD hair tools, if you haven’t used them before, are the gold standard. The hair dryer, the straighteners and the curling wands, have transformed the lives of many a curly-haired woman, meaning they can get salon-worthy smoothness from their bedroom. Glide down the hair towards the ends in a slow and steady pace. Repeat until dry and move onto the next section of hair, starting once again from the roots.

Take each section of your hair and hold the Duet Style at the root for three seconds to ensure it's properly dry. Then glide the tool through the lengths around four times, just like you would a straightener. Work your way through each section until the hair is totally dry—and you're done. Straightening and drying in one. Unique Shine Shot™ mode transforms into a ghd styler operating at 185ºC with no air, for instant frizz-free results and 2x more shine, for use on dry hair only.Introducing the revolutionary ghd duet style - the first 2-in-1 hot air styler* that dries and styles hair at the same time with 45% less energy consumption*** and no heat damage**. The best bit? My hair didn't smell like it been set on fire (those loyal to their hair straighteners will know exactly what I'm talking about) and I could even smell faint notes of the shampoo I'd used. Further proof that this really might not be detrimentally damaging to hair health. Introducing the ground-breaking innovation that allows you to dry and style hair at the same time - meet ghd duet style.

no thermal hair damage detected after 100 cycles of 4 passes in wet to style mode vs naturally dried hair Achieve gorgeously sleek, smooth and glossy hair with unprecedented softness for up to 48 hours.**** With exclusive Shine Shot™ mode for use on dry hair only, duet style transforms into a ghd styler operating at the optimal 185°C styling temperature with no air - delivering instant frizz-free results**** with 2x more shine****. Unique aerodynamics deliver an ultra-powerful yet efficient performance, minimising energy waste. A bespoke acoustic system lowers sound levels while drying for a more pleasant styling experience.Bespoke acoustic system designed to lower sound levels for a more pleasant and refined styling experience. Considering most hair straighteners range from between 190°C-210°C, and this device is set at 150°C (with the plates themselves coming in at 120°C), I was surprised to find I didn't have to re-style my hair at any point in between my next wash day. It really did live up to its frizz-free claims.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop