Carving Canyons

Carving Canyons

RRP: £13.75
Price: £6.875
£6.875 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

She also started the process of writing a new album, Carving Canyons, which deals with, well, dealing with pain (and bouncing back from it). If you encounter these issues with our vinyl, we will send replacements when appropriate and if copies of the records are still available.

And then I think, even just the last two years, being such a break, that even without touring I’m getting busy. Track listed as A1 to A6 and B1 to B6 on the back cover but credits listed following the regular track listing on CDs. I think there still is an awareness of, even if it’s immature, ‘You made me feel bad, so I want you to feel bad. Two years later we made the move to our present address, 35 The Headrow, where we have remained ever since.Unravel” picks at the frayed edges of what’s left – “The last time we spoke/I was halfway to California/I was still wearing all of your clothes” – with sorrow welling up in soaring vocals and discordant notes. L: I’ve done a few little one-offs – I was able to go over to the UK last spring and did, like, three shows, and I did a couple shows this summer in Norway. The time given to writing and recording Carving Canyons allowed Lissie full time to process, writing lyrics that offer transparency without frantic confessing, eventually leading to a possible way out of the crisis.

The latter song gives Lissie liberty for complicated feelings, moving on without having to deny or question the past. Then, the tillable acres, trying to take them out of crop production and putting everything into prairie.It was kinda hard, but once I was able to sort of get the hang of it, I’m kind of grateful for having so much time to just be, and be in my home and be with my dog and to eventually be around more for my family and friends.

Currently stands as my absolute favorite project of 2023, a monumental achievement for all the members involved. Song I Can’t Wait to Hear Live: “Night Moves” – featuring Lissie at her husky-voiced best in this perfect slice of Laurel Canyon-esque pop. Carving Canyons' is tinged with loneliness and heartbreak, due to Lissie experiencing a painful breakup during the pandemic. She runs a farm in Iowa and lead single ‘Flowers’ links the cyclical character of grief with the nature that surrounds her. Lissie was “broken open,” to borrow the words she sings on the title track, and she spent time grieving, healing, and strengthening her relationships with friends.The inspiration behind Lissie’s fifth album, Carving Canyons, was a double whammy: a break-up during the pandemic.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop