KITTY STOKES PRESENTS KARA'S STORY: FROM VIRGIN SWINGER TO NYMPHOMANIAC IN ON NIGHT

£9.9
FREE Shipping

KITTY STOKES PRESENTS KARA'S STORY: FROM VIRGIN SWINGER TO NYMPHOMANIAC IN ON NIGHT

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

This is the first book of Jennie’s I have read and it will definitely not be the last. Jennie’s writing was beautifully done and I soaked up every word of this lovely book. The characters and development are written to perfection and, though the “marriage of convenience” trope is not necessarily my favorite, I found myself quite inclined to enjoy this book. (See what I did there? 😉) Orphaned at a young age, Eleanor wants nothing more than to settle in a home of her own. Stratford, having met once with betrayal, desires a woman who will be true. When a complicated inheritance forces them together, they little expect this to be the answer to their innermost desires. I was really excited to be asked to be apart of the tour for this lovely little book. It was perfectly paced from start to finish and I loved every minute.

George Clavering is much too young to think about getting married. Yes, his older brother—and even his younger sister—have managed to tie the knot, but he has plenty more years of play and sporting events ahead of him before he need consider such a thing. Even matchmaking becomes a sport when gentlemen bet on the Season’s successes or failures in the club. He will not give them an opportunity to bet on him. Furthermore, why settle down when there are young women like Lady Alice who liven the sport of matchmaking with friendly wagers? When combined forces threaten Eleanor’s reputation, Stratford realizes it’s more than her land he cares about. Somehow, he’ll have to convince Eleanor that his coming to her rescue is a deed inspired by love.a b Houghton, Rianne (1 July 2021). "First trailer for Bridgerton and Luther stars' new thriller". Digital Spy . Retrieved 12 April 2022. I am ever so grateful that Phineas is a good sort of person. Perhaps a little slow and definitely not wise in the ways of wooing women, but I think the blame there falls more to his parents than anything. I am saddened to think that it was so normal not to speak of love or affection for one’s spouse. It seems so tragic to me that so many relationships could have blossomed into more if only affection were given freely. But no matter. What does matter is that Phineas learned some things and grew a lot. I liked his gentlemanly character and desire to do what is right. Andreeva, Nellie (2022-05-12). " 'Bridgerton': Hannah Dodd To Play Francesca Bridgerton In Season 3 Recasting On Netflix Series". Deadline . Retrieved 2022-07-21. Kitty feels like she is burden to her family. With her parents dead and her brother a wealthy merchant her options are few and her likelihood to fit in with the tons prejudices are slim.

Honoria Bassett takes pride in a household well run and cannot understand why her dear neighbor won’t make more of an effort at his. When it comes to the choice of husbands, she is too certain of what she wants to consider Philip for the role. But his tendency toward quiet acts of heroism, and those firm lips quirked upward in a grin, keep doing strange things to her heart. Salisbury, Mark (28 June 2023). "Stars of Tomorrow 2023: Ruby Stokes (actor)". Screen Daily . Retrieved 29 June 2023.I found this “arranged marriage” tale to be somewhat different than usual. Lord Haywood is in need of funds to make significant improvements to his estate. So, he instructs his Man of Business to find him a bride with a large dowry. His search finds a wealthy businessman who will offer his sister along with a significant dowry in return for the influence Lord Haywood might offer. An arranged marriage is negotiated and agreed to. What makes this unusual is that the first time Lord Haywood sets eyes on Kitty Stokes is when she walks down the aisle at their wedding. The side plots were unique as well. I was surprised by the plot with the groom! That isn't something I'd read before in a regency and made an interesting add. Kitty Stokes is such a spunky, witty, kind-hearted, strong, caring, and loving woman. When she is told a marriage to a man she does not know has been arranged for her, she must decide what to do. Never could she have imagined the way things begin to turn. The ending was absolutely perfect. It was so much simpler than I imagined it would be be and I loved that because it fit the characters. It was cute, somewhat humorous, and left me with a grin on my face. Perfectly well done!! Marianne Edgewood is perfectly capable of running Brindale Castle, if only the task would be left to her. A centuries-old house of stone is solid, unchanging, whereas people are not to be relied upon. It matters little that a stranger inherited the castle. She must simply find a way to stay.

And I thought, no way a 13-year-old girl could write so brilliantly. It’s an incredible piece of art. For me, it was important for Anne Frank not to stay in the movie as a symbol, but as a real person, and I think she was a very complex person. She was brilliant, she was a genius writer, she was funny as hell, she was mean, she could see the weaknesses of the people around her and threw those arrows that will destroy them easily because she was so clever.” There isn't much plot at all besides the main romance, which is unrealistic at best, but in terms of floofy escapist romance, it was pretty good ;) Phineas was a really sweet hero, Kitty was a charming heroine, and you couldn't help but root for them. Jennie Goutet is a new to me author, and I am so glad I had the opportunity to read her new book His Disinclined Bride. It was everything a Regency romance story should be and more! I enjoyed the characters, the setting, and Kitty and Phineas’ love story. After reading His Disinclined Bride I will now search out Ms. Goutet’s other novels as I am now a fan. I would highly recommend His Disinclined Bride to all who love clean Regency romances. a b Toby, Mekeisha Madden (2022-03-23). "Bridgerton EP on That Other Season 2 Departure: It Was 'Beyond Our Control' ". TVLine . Retrieved 2022-07-21. Philip Townsend is too busy trying to render his estate profitable to worry about managing its rundown house or finding a woman suited to the role of his wife. His beautiful and competent neighbor Honoria would be the logical choice, were it not for the enmity between their fathers that makes such a thing impossible.

His Disinclined Bride by Jennie Goutet is a stand alone Regency romance in the Season of Change Series. The story begins when Kitty’s brother, a successful businessman, matches her with Phineas Stropford, Lord Hayworth, without telling her for his own gain and Lord Hayworth’s. The story follows Phineas and Kitty’s wedding and new life. We find out how they navigate an array of challenging relatives, neighbors, new friends, servants, and their relationship with each other. It is a delightful marriage of convenience story with a satisfying ending. Lord Haywood seems most interested in Kitty’s dowry but is pleasantly surprised with her beauty as she walks down the aisle. However, this is a marriage of convenience, not a love match. The well-written story describes the transition from being strangers to friends to devoted and affectionate marriage partners. When Harry finds Anna unconscious on the road, and she awakens in his arms, his world shifts at her gaze. But before he can think that heaven has come through at last, he must convince Anna that her prolonged stay in Avebury is not fate’s way of toying with her, but rather opening her eyes to a new direction for her ambitions—and her heart.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop