Time Traveling With a Hamster

Time Traveling With a Hamster

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

I don't think that I can put into words how amazing this book is. Reading it was like going on a roller-coaster of emotions. Choose one moment in every day that is worth cherishing. Welcome that moment into your Memory Palace, nurture it always, and it will never leave you.” It is difficult to place a hamster drinking bottle or water bowl in the travel carrier or cage because it can leak and make the bedding wet. If you are only traveling with your hamster for a short time, you can keep small pieces of cucumber with you to give to your hamster to keep them hydrated. If you plan to keep your hamster’s water bottle with them during the traveling, you should place a shallow lightweight dish underneath the bottle’s spout to catch any of the water that drips from it to prevent the water from making the substrate wet. Overall, this is an enchanting and illuminating story that is laced with enough thrill and heart-stopping adventure that will not only enthrall the young kids but will also intrigue the mature readers too.

Albert Einstein Hawking Chaudhury’s dad was thirty nine years old when he died for the first time and twelve when he died for the second time. The former happened due to a dislodged piece of metal that caused brain haemorrhage, a leftover from of an accident he had when he was a kid.I fell in love with Al, a British-Indian nerd who's dealing with bullies at school and the death of his dad. Welford makes so many big, messy topics really accessible and I'm grateful to him for that. Georgie Docwra, age 10- 'I really enjoyed reading Time Travelling with a Hamsteras it is a very funny book, which made me laugh out loud.'

Don’t worry: it’s not written in dialect. It’s perfectly comprehensible as it is, with only a few hints at the accent in the text. But if you do know what the Geordie accent sounds like, you might enjoy the book even more!) I thoroughly enjoyed reading this quirky children's book. The book focuses heavily upon the Chaudhury family and their numerous stories and adventures. Life has already changed considerably for Al since his the arrival of his stepfather Steve and his annoying daughter Carly. But will time travel to the 1980s make things better or worse for Al? Meddling with time is never easy and Grandpa Byron, his wise grandfather who knows of his fathers meddling and definitely doesn’t approve. With a twelve year old trying to save his father, what could possibly go wrong? It’s sort of inevitable that everything isn’t exactly going to go smoothly or exactly to plan. There’s one thing for sure, it’s an incredible adventure! My dad died twice. Once when he was thirty-nine, and again four years later when he was twelve. (He's going to die a third time as well, which seems a bit rough on him, but I can't help that.) I loved the exploration of family, it felt like the biggest theme in this book. Because of this crazy time-travel element, the family-unit was all over the place. And it was great. Chapter Fifteen Chapter Sixteen Chapter Seventeen Chapter Eighteen Chapter Nineteen Chapter Twenty Chapter Twenty-One Chapter Twenty-Two Chapter Twenty-Three Chapter Twenty-Four Chapter Twenty-Five Chapter Twenty-Six Chapter Twenty-Seven Chapter Twenty-Eight Chapter Twenty-Nine Chapter Thirty Chapter Thirty-One Chapter Thirty-Two Chapter Thirty-Three Chapter Thirty-Four Chapter Thirty-FiveAnastasia Abdian, age 11- ' Time Travelling With a Hamsteris a fantastic book. You will laugh and cry as you read about Al Chaudhury's adventure to prevent an accident and save his father. You must read this amazing novel.' Hamsters can tolerate traveling when necessary if it does not happen too often. Traveling can often be very stressful for hamsters, and they do not want to be removed from their familiar environment too often. Ross was my school’s visiting author as part of our Sant Jordi day festivities, and this book was the one my students kept telling me about, kept asking if I’d read yet. And they were right: it is a beautiful, inclusive, big hearted book about grief, family, and loneliness. Non-Brits often have trouble understanding Geordie. It’s said that the singer Cheryl Cole was dropped from the US edition of The X-Factor because audiences had trouble with her accent. Only one Geordie word was changed for the US edition, and that was “ha’way”. Ha’way, or “howay” is heard everywhere in the northeast of England, and means simply “come on”. All the ha’ways in the US book were replaced with “come on”.

and hear him, and he’s asking me again, “Al, are you ready to travel in time?” and I can feel his hand on my cheek. For the first time in four years, I fall asleep in my dad’s arms. Jenna Welch, age 11- 'This book really creates a life-like gripping atmosphere whilst you read it. Welford spins a truly good yarn with brilliant characterisation throughout the book. Great for pet lovers.' Okay, color me impressed! You've heard me praise the wonders of Middle Grade fiction and its wonderful authors many a time, and yet it never fails to stun me how much goodness comes out of the books written for this age group. Ross Welford has penned a gem here. Time Traveling With A Hamster simultaneously pulls together the importance of family, the grey areas we face when making hard decisions, the beauty (and issues) associated with being passionate about something, and even owning up to ones own mistakes. I am so thrilled to have read this, and can't recommend it enough! The first time had nothing to do with me. The second time definitely did, but I would never even have been there if it hadn’t been for his ‘time machine’…” The whole story is centered around the boy and his grandfather's relationship through good times and bad times. They both had a strong bond of friendship and trust and is arrested by the author with lots of deep, heart-felt emotions.Now, let me put out there that there are actually a fair amount of high end concepts in this book. As a reader who believes fully in not talking down to young readers, I was smitten with this. Al Chadhury's father was a brilliant man. One who wasn't afraid to dabble in science and theory, ultimately leading to his discovery of time travel. Through Al's travels in time, and the letters his father left behind, he learns so much about everything his dad was passionate about. There are brilliant descriptions of the theory of relativity, and examples that actually make it palatable for young minds. There's even discussions of memory devices. Suffice it to say, I was blown away by the sheer amount of lessons in here. I. Could. Not. Put. This. Book. Down! Things do not work as planned. Stuff happens. The worst is AL finds out the things he does changes the future. It's not good. The cliffhangers from chapter after chapter are exciting. Problems mount, mistakes are made, issues happen. What a delight!! Have been intrigued by this book since I saw in a local bookshop so I was really pleased to be able to get the opportunity to read it Time Traveling with a Hamster is a strange creature. The central relationship in the book came as a nice surprise: it’s not Al and his father or Al and his hamster. It’s Al and his granddad Byron’s and their relationship is sweet and informs most of Al’s actions. His granddad is the true father figure in the novel. I also loved that Al is Anglo-Indian and that his grandad shares his experiences as an immigrant. guy stuff. Man to man, you know? Growing up, drink, drugs, girls.” Mum smiles warmly and a bit sadly, but says no more. Which suits me because I’m just sitting there thinking: Fall-out shelter. That’s where the time machine is.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop