Shimano Ultegra R8000 Medium Box Rear Derailleur

Shimano Ultegra R8000 Medium Box Rear Derailleur

RRP: £29.95
Price: £14.975
£14.975 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Few are likely to damage a derailleur by catching or bashing it off something while riding on the road, but given that the new Ultegra groupset will inevitably see time used for cyclocross and gravel, this is a welcome move. A number of European cyclocrossers, including Mathieu van der Poel, Sanne Cant and the Telenet Fidea team, race on Shimano components. Although SRAM’s clutch-based derailleurs have become a favorite for many U.S. cyclocrossers, the Shimano reps said none of the athletes have committed to using the new clutch-based system this fall. If you're fitting a new derailleur, you should definitely apply assembly grease on the screw thread of the derailleur pad. You can find our selection of assembly greases here.

The new Ultegra-level chain, which also works with the mountain bike groupset Deore XT, uses Shimano's SIL-TEC ultra-low friction surface treatment, a plating process that Shimano claims offers smoother running and longer wear in all conditions. Accurate, dialled and metered shifting from a mechanical rear derailleur, the Shimano Ultegra R8000 11-Speed Rear Derailleur, GS provides neat, crisp and clear-cut shifting prowess to the rider looking for pinpoint accuracy in their rear derailleur. Shimano has made no specific claims as to how much stiffer the new R8000 brakes are over the outgoing 6800-series model, but the latest Dura-Ace brakes are reported to be 43 percent stiffer than the previous generation, so we can likely expect similar claims here. The lever is carbon fibre, which is one difference over 105, and both it and the paddle behind offer very light yet precise shifts, thanks to the reduction in swing of both to change gear.You can use this kit with all mechanical 11-speed Shimano shifters. So whether you have Ultegra, 105 or Dura-Ace, this derailleur will work perfectly with the shifters. We changed the chain, indexed the gears, tried to play with the b-screw on the rear derailleur, that did not solve the problem. Today I received a new bike for my girlfriend, equipped with exactly the same groupset, I see the same problem, the noise is even louder, as well as the vibrations (ask me if you want a video for this bike too).

It was nearly problem-free riding, thanks in part to the pro Shimano mechanics who dialed in my bike. Maybe the lesson here is to hire a pro gravel mechanic.

Updated May 24. Shimano is known as a company that does not chase after trends, so its recent release of the clutch-based Ultegra RX rear derailleur is a sign the Japanese company thinks the popularity of gravel riding has some staying power. SRAM’s 1x clutch-based derailleurs have become popular with U.S. cyclocross racers— and a number of new gravel bikes—but Shimano representatives told Cyclocross Magazine and other journalists the new derailleur was designed primarily for gravel riding. Stay tuned as we take a closer look at what the Shimano-sponsored athletes ride this fall. Ultegra RX Ride Impressions

Cycle Centre Congleton Limited 2021. Cyclestore is a trading name of Cycle Centre Congleton Limited. All Rights Reserved Company No. 05107467 | VAT No: 593 733 507 When I press the cage gently with my finger to bring it forward, the noise disappears and the chain no longer seems to "vibrate" above the top pulley (you can watch the difference on the video, looking the chain just above the top pulley). Shimano also had its pro team liaisons at the Almanzo event. They were somewhat mum on the Ultegra RX’s future in professional road and cyclocross racing. Word about the Ultegra RX first came out when the Trek-Segafredo team test rode the clutch-based derailleur before the Tour of Flanders spring classic. The team did not race with the Ultegra RX in Flanders, but they did at Paris-Roubaix. As one of the reps pointed out, the impact of the new derailleur did not show in the results. Price Matches may only be honored on identical items. The product must be the same make and model (i.e., the same size, color, year, etc.).The hood shape is very similar to 6800, but the rubber cover has had a pattern added for extra grip, like Dura-Ace, not that I really noticed a difference. Shimano’s new Ultegra R8000 cassette supposedly offers “HIGH-PERFORMANCE GEAR COMBINATIONS” and is virtually indistinguishable from the previous generation. It shifts just fine and weighs the same as the old one. Shifting speed feels much the same as the previous generation, but this was hardly laggy, so no complaints here. Potenza is a very good groupset, but when I tested it, it was pitched against Ultegra 6800 and this new R8000 group has moved things up a notch. The added weight for the clutch is about 30-40g. The RD-RX805 model has a claimed weight of 280g (compared to 249g for the RD-R8050) and the RD-RX8050 weighs 248g (compared to 210g for the RD-R8000).

Shimano Shadpw RD -The mechanism rear derailleur, SHIMANO SHADOW RD, is intended for more aggressive riding. Its super low profile design carries many benefits. Because of its low profile and single tension construction, the derailleur does not hit the chain stay in rough riding conditions. The result is smooth and silent performance. As part of the trip to Spring Valley, MN, I joined other journalists in racing the Almanzo 100 gravel race on an Allied Alfa All-Road bike equipped with the new Di2 Ultegra RX805 rear derailleur. By chance, I got the opportunity to experience the gravel life with both a non-clutch Dura Ace R9150 rear derailleur and the new RX805. Before you can install the new derailleur, you'll need to remove your chain. You can read about how to do that in this blog. You'll need a chain breaker, which you can find here. Some multi-tools contain a chain breaker. Make sure that you select a chain breaker for the right speed chain though - the size of the pins is different according to the speed of the chain. Along the way I've also ridden every Shimano groupset from the 8-speed Claris through to the top-end Dura-Ace Di2, which has helped highlight just how good this groupset is.The hydraulic R8020 versions are Ultegra-specific, whereas in the past the levers were 'Ultegra level', and they have become so small considering the fluid reservoir that there is barely a difference between them and the rim brake options. Chainset Working with your 11-speed groupset and composed using a lightweight aluminium pulley cage that goes a good way to reducing weight without sacrificing your shifting power or performance, this rear derailleur boasts an incredibly broad gear ratio. Ranging from 11-28T and going as far as 11-34T you can rest assured that you have the ability to take on the impending climb and pursue it to its conclusion. Particularly when I am on the big ring, and the 5 smallest gears, the transmission produces a noise which seems to come from the rear derailleur (and more precisely at the level of the top pulley, where we see the chain that seems to "vibrate" - see video).

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop