Untrue

Untrue

RRP: £22.99
Price: £11.495
£11.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

I can partially understand the choice to leave apart Ghost Hardware for a separate dj-friendly release etc, but seriously, this puzzled me. Releasing records under the pseudonym "Burial," William Bevan comes from South London in England, and is one of dubstep's most enigmatic artists. Burial's classic Untrue album on double vinyl - black inner sleeves and 180g vinyl in a thick card sleeve. Untrue' continued the story of the twilit inner city, loneliness and distant threats informing a melancholic rhythmic atmosphere, and is now seen as a landmark in electronic music.

This album is so simplistic and minimal, yet manages to convey so much emotion, and that’s not to mention the genius samples used in every tune. It is updated to add the beatless atmospheric tracks that have always been integral parts of the complete CD versions. Of all the artists past and present who claim to let their music do their talking for them, Burial is one of the elite band of whom this truly is the case. I can't content myself with mp3, and sorry if it sounds as a vent of frustration rather than a review.

Kode9's most ambitious work yet as a multi-disciplinary artist, ‘Escapology’ is the soundtrack album to the sonic fiction ‘Astro - Darien’, itself soon to be released on Hyperdub sub-label Flatlines. I'm sure this album won't appeal to the older generation due to its electronic and club-like nature, but in my opinion with true music like this, the genre is totally irrelevant.

The record is heavyweight, packed in a great sleeve and of course carries the best Dubstep/Garage-music my ears have ever had the pleasure of listening to. You can hear the problems that were present in London at the time of it's recording (knife crime, gang culture etc. Burial’s Untrue continued to refine the damp sonics and urban mood exhibited on his self-titled album released only a year prior, this time honing in on the hair-raising melodics and fragmented diva vocals that made “Distant Lights” such a standout. Opening Skit / Float / Before The World Ends / Na Na Drift / When The Saints (Interlude) / Sad Slutty Baby Wants More For The World / Ropeburn / W_me Interlude / W_me / No Freedom / Breaker Of Chains . We are available to book for live shows and events, as well as bespoke licensed music for videos, commercials, TV, film and more.Highly regarded as a DJ and electronic music producer, on Death Becomes Her she shifts things up to another level. Essential album from Burial, borne from the UK dubstep and garage scene, this is beautifully produced sublime gritty atmospherice elctronic soul. Alongside a cast of collaborators that include French producer Nunu, South African producer Baby Caramel, Asmara Maroof from Nguzunguzu, Bon and Gaika, Angel re-orientates the usual trans-atlantic pop sound to encompass a brace of experimental, diasporic producers to create beats that alternate between angular, propulsive, murky, loose, abrasive and breezy.

Yet despite this, his music speaks loud and wide, and the world has been listening ever since his 'South London Boroughs' EP debut on Hyperdub in March 2005.As a general rule of thumb recordings from the 1960’s, 70’s and 80’s are nearly always better on the original vinyl. His reinterpretation of UK dance music, from the tripping gait of garage to the ambiguity of bass line, into bittersweet anthems all made by a producer whose identity remained defiantly in shadow, have been unquestionably influential.

Untrue' is available as full 13 track digipack CD, including recent underground hit 'Ghost Hardware', and 9 track DJ friendly double vinyl set, from which some of the beatless pieces have been edited. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. It is updated from the previous, now deleted pressing - to add the beatless atmospheric tracks that have always been integral parts of the CD version.Punctured by pitched up, fractured voices lifting the mood to a bruised euphoria, woodblock two-step keeps the rhythmic pulse burning while glistening ambient interludes ache the heart.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop