Cryptozoic 1617680893 The Walking Dead Board Game (TV Version)

£9.9
FREE Shipping

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

This will be a new challenge for experienced Risk players because just one walker could potentially take over a controlled territory regardless of how many units they leave behind. The Core Set, which this review is using, comes with one ready made scenario, with a clear and detailed plan of how to set-up your table for play. The things you gain in Best Defense will only give you a little bit of an edge, and finding an awesome weapon will do you no good unless you’ve also got matching ammo on hand. The twist here is that defenders win any ties and there must always be at least one soldier left in every territory. You will probably lose the game quite a bit (depending on the difficulty you choose), but that’s half the fun and the challenge.

Players take turns to move their miniature around an established scenario with the use of a range meter to collect resources and avoid being attacked by the numerous zombies in the play area. For example, a car alarm has gone off, drawing all the zombies towards one of the die-cut cars in a certain direction meaning that your previously “safe” spot on the table is now in the path of the hoard.I would assume that the language would definitely be toned down for the game, as F-Bombs aren't great for family togetherness. I can’t fault them for that, but it’s a beast of a box to try to transport when all the components could easily fit in a box the size of Pandemic. The most important Event Card is the Overrun card, that once drawn, signals the last round of the game.

The miniatures in the set are, on the whole, excellent and are a joy to paint, the detail in the Walkers is extremely good and these characters show a wide range of sculpts, from zombie waitresses to old men. Yes, you’re a team working together… but you’re also a group of individuals from all walks of life, each with your own responsibilities for survival. Best Defense offers a cooperative gameplay experience that gives every player the chance to lead and make decisions for the team. Like any miniatures game, the publisher is looking to hook gamers in to pay for more and fill their table with a full range.The Walking Dead can be credited for revitalising the zombie genre when it appeared first as a celebrated comic and then as the long-running TV show reusing characters and recognisable narratives from the comic. If you’re wanting the biggest challenge, combine Hardcore mode with Expert Difficulty (We found we had the most fun playing this way). I have only played this version with fans of The Walking Dead universe and the theme was constantly commented on throughout.

The Walking Dead board game is for players 13 and up, so another mystery is how graphic this game will be. If you enjoy cooperative games, The Walking Dead Board Game: The Best Defense offers a fresh experience worthy of your board game collection. The board is clear to read and it is easy to determine the different zones which is something I find other Risk versions sometimes struggle to achieve. Risk, ‘the game of strategic conquest’, is an area control game where players compete against each other to take over territories and dominate the world map. Beginner allows you to always talk to each other, and if a survivor dies, you just grab an unused one and keep on chugging away.Each power is unique making the game experience different enough for each player, however, some of the powers are clearly better than others and I often find my win rate increases when playing as Rick’s Group over the others available.

Now Kirkman is doing his part in not only bringing families together, but also preparing them for the inevitable zombie apocalypse.The Walking Dead Board Game: The Best Defense takes 1-4 players into a rough world where the odds are not in their favor. The game is designed to be easy to learn and play, and it is perfect for both beginners and experienced players.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop