Confessions. of a Shopaholic (Shopaholic Series) [Paperback] (Confessions of a Shopaholic)

£9.9
FREE Shipping

Confessions. of a Shopaholic (Shopaholic Series) [Paperback] (Confessions of a Shopaholic)

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Sophie Kinsella, Shopaholic & Baby (Bantam Press, February 1, 2007) First edition. ISBN 0-593-05387-7

The thing is, for me, the story went about for too long before I managed to see anything other than the bling-bling obsessed Rebecca. In fact, it took so long to drive this to an interesting point, I nearly lost interest (which, considering how short this book is, says a lot).

Sophie Kinsella, Confessions of a Shopaholic (February 6, 2001) First US edition of Secret Dreamworld

The Shopaholic series always puts me in a good mood. Really all of Sophie Kinsella's books put me in a good mood. They are just so light, fluffy and fun. Sophie Kinsella's writing is like ice cream on hot July day. Confessions of a Shopaholic is a 2009 American romantic comedy film based on the first two entries in the Shopaholic series of novels by Sophie Kinsella. Directed by P. J. Hogan, the film stars Isla Fisher as the shopaholic journalist and Hugh Dancy as her boss. This is my third Kinsella book, and so far the women are always complete idiotic dip-shits that only barely manage to bumble through their careers while managing to make an ass of themselves at every turn. I find it's quite painful to read and not at all amusing. And if that's not unbearable enough, in this one Rebecca Bloomwood personifies materialism---AND THE MORAL OF THE STORY IS THAT IT'S OKAY! There will always be a sexy, successful, intelligent, no-bullshit kind of guy who will find your stupidity and poor impulse control endearing. You can rely on the fate and good-fortune of womanly endowments to make all the trivial problems in your little, frivolous bubble of world disappear. Until her neighbors get in a bit of a financial mess by Rebecca's advice, and she turns out to have a little brain. While the movie could benefit from some things in the book that they didn't use, the book would benefit much more from the movie.According to DVD commentary, Lithgow turned down the role of Edgar West twice before accepting it. Armisen was approached for the West role after Lithgow initially turned it down, but after Lithgow changed his mind, the Ryan Koenig role was written for Armisen. Ed Helms was cast as Derek Smeath but scheduling conflicts prevented him from taking the role. He shot the Garret role in one day. The saddest part about this is just how many people have read this pile of offal. It always amazes me who we allow to speak in this culture, and by “allow” I mean by our tacit acquiescence to whatever crap the corporate powers force-feed us. I have written about this elsewhere in more detail, but the only aspect of our popular culture that runs strictly on merit is sports. Everywhere else fame and fortune is handed out mostly through cronyism, nepotism, or the decision is made in a boardroom somewhere.

Take the caustic wit of Gillian Flynn and the comedy of manners of Edith Wharton, add a British accent—that’s Sophie Kinsella.”—The Globe and Mail Emmeline Pankhurst, who led the suffrage movement. It seems incredible now that women didn’t have the vote, it’s something we all just take for granted. But it wouldn’t have happened without brave women like her. Sophie Kinsella has sold over 40 million copies of her books in more than 60 countries, and she has been translated into over 40 languages. In a weird, twisted way, it's kind of entertaining and a little harrowing. Who hasn't felt that guilt before, buying something on a whim that is inessential to survival? It's a very touchy issue, but the author explores the mentality of a woman trapped by the glitter and glam of a highly materialistic society very well. It's a bit exaggerated, but I bet the core issues resound in the minds of millions of people.Kristin (February 17, 2009). "Fashion Week - I met Gilles Montezin!". The Clothes Coach. Archived from the original on July 16, 2011 . Retrieved June 24, 2009. I think that if Rebecca had grown into a miraculously responsible woman, totally transformed, changing her expending ways into frugality, I would have been bored. Instead, as she growths just enough to save her skin for the collectors and find herself a handsome guy, I was entertained.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop