LEGO Star Wars Republic Gunship

LEGO Star Wars Republic Gunship

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Lastly, we have two Super Battle Droids, which are exactly the same as they have been since 2007, cast in pearl dark grey. In this set, they are equipped with the standard arms rather than with the cannon arm which was included in 8018 Armoured Assault Tank (AAT). Beside the older Republic Gunship the new one looks somewhat out of place as they are structured in quite different ways, although the size is not hugely different. Whereas the 2008 edition was the same width in the fueslage all the way along, this version narrows as you move towards the front as the 'real' ship does. Upload an Image in the specific color if you have one and the one in the above listing is not available.

LEGO 75021 Republic Gunship | Brickset

It seems like a lot of people didn’t know this would be a UCS set, or don’t know what UCS sets usually look like? Construction of Ultimate Collector Series models traditionally concludes with the display stand and this process is no exception. The reliance upon Technic elements matches earlier designs, although this model requires considerable support and the stand is therefore significantly wider than comparable examples. Nevertheless, the structure remains consistent between them. Countless excellent vehicles appear throughout the Prequel Trilogy, commonly deviating from the industrial aesthetic established during the Original Trilogy. The powerful Republic Gunship exemplifies such variation, consisting primarily of curved shapes which are faithfully replicated here. Ultimate Collector Series scaling has certainly proven significant in that regard, assuring exceptional accuracy.I will never buy UCS X-Wing / Y-Wing scaled stuff and still wonder who or how many people do when that kind of product only ever appears once or twice per year across all Lego lines. I am sure it has its fans but surely the size of the LAAT/I is over the point where those fans draw the line. Let's put this into perspective. The lead designer for Lego SW, who has been doing it for a quarter century, comments it was "a nightmare" to design a set that has been done at least three times before. And then goes on to say "If you want more.. go buy it." Honestly wish there would have just been a new minifigure/System scale model with 15 minifigures, I'd rather drop money on the Cantina. Ugh, missed out on a UCS TIE Bomber/Nebulon B Frigate for this thing. I mean sure, it's a great design, but we've had the Gunship before and done well. The doors don't even close on this thing! And the plaque is wrong...as usual. Disney doesn't know sh!t about SW canon. Also very disappointed we don't have an alternative build for it, like the Porsche 911. We could have had the amazing blue shark Gunship from Tartakovsky's Clone Wars rather than another one in the same colour scheme - but bigger! Ultimate Collector Series models invariably provoke excitement, but 75309 Republic Gunship was chosen by LEGO Star Wars fans and has therefore inspired particular anticipation. I think the resultant model has proven worthy of such expectations, fortunately! The creation includes extraordinary detail, taking full advantage of the enlarged scale to capture nearly every feature from the LAAT/i.

LEGO 75309 Republic Gunship review | Brickset LEGO 75309 Republic Gunship review | Brickset

Beside previous editions of the Republic Gunship, this model is a similar length and wingspan, although the front of the fuselage narrows unlike on the older versions. The bodywork is dramatically different from earlier editions, although the overall shape is of course very similar and this model will look just fine next to one of the older sets in my opinion. Why can't it be about both? Especially for a model representing a transport ship? It didn't kill the company to put a few more minifigs in the UCS Falcon, did it?"

One of my favorite SW ships, but not my choice for an UCS treatment. It's too large and too expensive. The previous 1000 to 1500 piece count is perfect for this ship and in minifig scale. For over 3000 pieces, it doesn't add much additional details compare to 1000ish pieces and just look oversized compared to the minifigs provided. I would always prefer UCS capital ships instead." How can you negatively comment on something when you yourself admit to having limited knowledge of said content?....its like saying " I've never watched the the show but I think its terrible"" Not sure where you are going to put all of those minifigs . . . they will look horrible with this set . . . way out of scale.

REPUBLIC GUNSHIP – REPUBLICBRICKS REPUBLIC GUNSHIP – REPUBLICBRICKS

Does anyone remember mace windu being in a republic gunship? I don't recall him ever being in one in the movies." Hmmm... for me this fits into the category of ships that are really odd to do in UCS form... To me UCS works best when you take a decent sized ship and make it minifigure scale (Millennium Falcon, Slave I, Imperial Shuttle), or you take a small popular ship and make it way bigger than minifigure scale (X-wing, Tie fighter, A-wing)... When complete, this is an impressive vehicle from just about every angle. When in action in Episode II, the Republic Gunship inspires awe as it cleaves through swathes of Battle Droids with ease, thus making the ship particularly popular. The LEGO model is very accurate, and is filled with features, so as well as being an attractive display piece, it is also fun to play with. I dunno. Maybe. I know I had that reaction to the Star Destroyer, one of my favorite ships from the OT. I expected a seriously upgraded model with an interior and a load of Imperials…instead it was not that. And two good but only TWO minifigures.Assembly commences at the base, which comprises numerous layered plates. This structure feels reasonably strong and will definitely need to be, since the Republic Gunship includes an expansive troop compartment towards the rear. Technic components accordingly surround the open section and the resultant frame begins to emerge during the early stages of construction.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop