Scent Keeper, The

Scent Keeper, The

RRP: £20.99
Price: £10.495
£10.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

I'm honored to be part of the blog tour for Erica Bauermeister's incredibly memorable new novel, The Scent Keeper. This coming-of-age story delights the senses, immersing the reader in the sights, sounds, and scents of the

Overall: A beautifully written, lyrical, unique story about love, courage, finding oneself, and scents. A very sweet and light book that was easy and fun to get lost in 4/5 or 7/10 However, there were a couple things that I didn't like. First, the characters were flat and most of them were incredibly selfish, with the exception of Henry and Colette, who were essentially used and underappreciated by Emmaline. Other things were unbelievable, such as the main character understanding the underlying desires and motivations of random people in a store while having been a teenage girl who spent most of her life isolated from other people. The interactions between the characters were frustrating at times because there were unnecessary amounts of secrecy at every turn - like I get having secrets, but it was too much (this is coming from someone who is from a highly reserved family in the rural Midwest). I was captivated by this magical world, one that remained firmly rooted in reality. This is a beautifully written story, full of warmth and heart. I loved escaping into Emmaline’s world. Marialyce and I enjoyed this book as a buddy read and it's one we both highly recommend. This plot is one best discovered on your own so I won’t say more than that. This is a book about family, and acceptance of your parents, flaws and all. The theme of compassion and forgiveness of yourself and others runs throughout. I am Really Into The Scent Keeper! It is a beautifully written story that I guarantee will warm your heart. By the end, you will be in love with the main character. This book is going in my top 10 list for 2019!

Bauermeister's heroine Emmeline might also be kin to Jane Eyre. Heartbreaking, thrilling, and wonderfully instructive, this sensual novel is pure pleasure reading."— Adrianne Harun, bestselling author of A Man Came Out of A Door in the Mountain What brings joy to your heart and mind? Is it the sight of someone you love, the look of the holidays, or is it the smells which engender in your heart and mind the things that you love? Think of the smell of turkey roasting in the oven (bet your mouth has started to water!), of pine, the scent of Christmas trees, of a winter's day, of a new baby, so warm and sweet smelling like the best flower ever, or the outdoors on a crisp autumn day. Don't these smells make you come alive? You could close your eyes and still feel that love and longing for the times these smells gave to you. Look outside and inhale the air. Smell the smell of Spring, the flowers, the trees, the air filled with the promise of awakening.

After reading Bauermeister's No Two Persons, I was keen to read more by her. My search drove me to this audiobook. Had I not been searching especially for the author, I wouldn't have looked twice at this book, due to its generic title and cover - even though both are well suited to the novel's setting and plot. A] magical novel…Blending fantasy with a realist family drama, Bauermeister’s novel will enchant fans of Katherine Paterson.”– Publishers Weekly

More from The Author

She is rescued by a fisherman, so for years Emmeline lives with him and his nice wife, going to school and helping them manage the resort they own. In addition, the ending felt like a jumble of information rather than any sort of resolution, and the conclusion was oddly placed. Erica Bauermeister, the national bestselling author of THE SCHOOL OF ESSENTIAL INGREDIENTS, presents a moving and evocative coming-of-age novel about childhood stories, families lost and found, and how a fragrance conjures memories capable of shaping the course of our lives. You'd think I'd remember, but I didn't. What I remembered was how it felt to be held in his arms. To be loved that way, before everything else happened.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop