Heartstopper Volume 3: The bestselling graphic novel, now on Netflix!

£5.495
FREE Shipping

RRP: £10.99
Price: £5.495
£5.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

I loved how we were able to get glimpses into their time together and have a little side love story to enjoy, especially with the bonus comic that goes along with this volume. What kind of privileges do kids in the UK get that they’re able to just wander over to Paris for a couple of days with school? I am so jealous! I literally live on the lowest point of a huge ass island at the bottom of the world and to go overseas with the school you have to be 1) taking the language subject of the country you’re travelling to, and 2) put in an application, competing against fourteen other girls in your year level to go. Zornosa, Laura (9 May 2022). " 'Heartstopper' Is a TV Love Story With the Soul of a Comic". The New York Times . Retrieved 5 November 2022. I’ve started many projects. Some of which won’t ever be finished. I have journals on top of journals, and unfinished manuscripts that I attend to from time to time. My current projects are NaNo2019 Novel[Completed], # Realise [On Hold] and The Inversion [On Hold]. I post writing content on Wednesdays!

Babb, Tiffany (21 October 2020). "Heartstopper Volume 2 finds joy in the quiet moments of teen romance". The A.V. Club . Retrieved 19 May 2022. Realistically enough, since it’s not all a bed of roses, Alice Oseman also portrays the struggles of newfound love, especially for young queer couples. First and foremost, the most recurrent topic in this volume of Heartstopper is the constant battle of coming out. Contrarily to common misconception, as Oseman very poignantly highlights, coming out is a very tiring process which queer people have to go through time and time again: with relatives, friends, potential partners, and—the worst of all—nosy acquaintances. Aled Last, Charlie's gay demisexual friend and the main character in another of Oseman's novels, Radio Silence.McLaughlin, Gemma E. (2 May 2021). "Heartwarming, real and unaffected: a tale of teenage romance". The National . Retrieved 19 May 2022. Elle Argent, Charlie's friend and Tao's girlfriend. She is transgender and attends Higgs Girls School. Martaus, Alaine (2020). "Heartstopper: Volume 1; by Alice Oseman". Bulletin of the Center for Children's Books. 73 (10): 442–443. doi: 10.1353/bcc.2020.0437. ISSN 1558-6766. S2CID 219502331. That’s my little rant over. I’m really happy to live where I live and have the opportunities I do. I also find great enjoyment in reading about the experience of others around the world within their works of fiction. ★Rating★

Writing for The National, Gemma McLaughlin praised the novels for being able to "capture the attention" through "the small stories that make up life" rather than plot twists and heavy drama. She called the story "infinitely welcoming with characters that seem like real life friends", singling out Charlie as "extremely likeable" and praising the novels' treatment of his mental health. [13] Publishers Weekly said that the novels' "leisurely pace and focus on everyday events ... allows the characters' relationship to develop in a natural, relatable way" and stated that the art style complemented the tone of the story. [14] Imogen Russell Williams in The Times Literary Supplement called Oseman's illustration style "loose and flowing" and said of the novels that they "[engage] directly with shame, fear and anxiety, bringing them sweetly into the light". [15] The A.V. Club included the webcomic on its list of "The best comics of 2018", with Caitlin Rosberg saying that it is "best defined by its kindness both to the characters and the reader". [16] Metaphrog also included the comic on The Herald's 2019 list of "The best comics and graphic novels of the year as chosen by comic creators". [17] Martaus, Alaine (2020). "Heartstopper: Volume 2 by Alice Oseman". Bulletin of the Center for Children's Books. 74 (3): 139–140. doi: 10.1353/bcc.2020.0774. ISSN 1558-6766. S2CID 226752465.In 2023, the Heartstopper novels increasingly became subject of a wave of U.S. restrictions against books featuring POC, racism, gender identity and/or queer individuals. The books were pulled from shelves in at least two school districts, Clay County, Florida [33] and Canby, Oregon. [34] Aroesti, Rachel (18 March 2022). "No drugs, booze, sex or swearing: will Heartstopper rewrite the young love rulebook?". The Guardian . Retrieved 13 September 2022. Turkey's family ministry calls book with gay characters a 'harmful publication' ". The Turkish Minute. 9 September 2021 . Retrieved 13 May 2023. Wong, Curtis M. (17 March 2022). "Netflix Teases 'Heartstopper' With A Delightful Gay Teen Meet Cute". HuffPost . Retrieved 13 September 2022.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop