Freezing Order: A True Story of Russian Money Laundering, Murder,and Surviving Vladimir Putin's Wrath

£10
FREE Shipping

Freezing Order: A True Story of Russian Money Laundering, Murder,and Surviving Vladimir Putin's Wrath

RRP: £20.00
Price: £10
£10 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

I wonder why so many conservative Republicans are against Ukraine, and I think it may because of Russian disinformation tactics about which the author explains in detail. This personal account of Browder's battle for justice is at times terrifying, at times deeply touching - and leads inexorably to a vast money-laundering scheme the Kremlin will seemingly stop at nothing to cover up. When Bill Browder’s young Russian lawyer, Sergei Magnitsky, was beaten to death in a Moscow jail, Browder made it his life’s mission to go after his killers and make sure they faced justice. Browder – with incredible courage, resilience and grace, and always at great risk to his personal safety and freedom – continues to chase after Putin and his henchmen. My admiration for Bill and those who helped fight for the Magnitsky Act to prevent such huge money laundering across the globe is beyond measure.

there is no question that Browder’s dogged persistence against a backdrop of undoubted stress and personal courage have made an important contribution in highlighting the failures of contemporary Russia and the west alike, and offered new tools with potential to try to redress them.He and his cronies set up honey traps, hired process servers to chase Browder through cities, murdered more of his Russian allies, and enlisted some of America’s top lawyers and politicians to bring him down. We were soon stuck in traffic again, this time in front of the Royal Palace, among a throng of tour buses and schoolchildren. The financial and legal complexities are challenging but set against the constant threat to the author’s life, his realities come clear and ever more frightening as he uncovers government connections, layers of criminality, money laundering and murder, all by one of the superpowers of our world currently waging a war in Ukraine (Nov 2023) and suspected of engineering the war in the Middle East. Bill Browder, founder and CEO of Hermitage Capital Management, was the largest foreign investor in Russia until 2005.

Revealing and damning, exposing Putin and his minions as little more than greedy international criminals. Biography: Bill Browder, founder and CEO of Hermitage Capital Management, was the largest foreign investor in Russia until 2005. One of the most sobering aspects of Browder’s rollicking, dangerous adventure [is] that late-period Putin has found it so easy to manipulate our western democracies from the inside. Fast paced and engaging , Browder’s book reads like a spy novel, but it also makes a powerful and remarkably prescient case for the need to use all the legal and financial tools available to separate Putin’s financiers from their foreign-held bank accounts and luxury yachts. By the glint in Prosecutor Grinda’s eye, I could see that he would take what I was telling him seriously.

He expertly walks us through the ins and outs of various legal strategies and developments that include enough high drama, plot twists and colourful characters for a movie. He handed me a room key with both hands cupped in a vaguely Japanese manner and stepped from behind the counter.

Browder was on holiday at his home in Colorado at the time, and imagined that blacked-out secret service land cruisers would arrive and he’d be rendered away to Moscow to face a rigged showtrial and a mysterious death behind bars.

If nothing else, I would be afforded due process before any possibility of being extradited to Moscow. I thought about my eldest child, David, a junior at Stanford who was already making a life for himself. Revealing and damning , exposing Putin and his minions as little more than greedy international criminals.

He and his cronies set up honey traps, hired process servers to chase Browder through cities, murdered more of his Russian allies, and enlisted some of the top lawyers and politicians in America to bring him down. It was only after the Russian invasion of Ukraine that the UK authorities belatedly noticed the preponderance of corrupt Russian billionaires laundering their money in London. The Russians hired a lawyer who had previously worked for Browder, a conflict of interest that eventually had the lawyer barred, but not before Browder feared his personal information had been passed on to the people who were out to get him. I pulled my mobile out of my jacket pocket and surreptitiously snapped a picture through the Plexiglas, capturing the backs of the officers’ heads and their police radio mounted on the dashboard. Bill Browder has shown that one man with courage can make a difference, and that even the most powerful regimes have weak spots.Could not be more timely in illustrating why the support of Russia’s super-rich and their funds have become crucial to Putin’s powerbase. Perhaps the story of one very wealthy man going up against the Russian state seems indulgent against the backdrop of the nightmare unfolding in Ukraine. Amid the horrors being reported every day from Ukraine, it also provides a highly readable insight into the true nature of the regime that is responsible for them.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop