Fujifilm XF80 mm F2.8 R LM Optical Image Stabiliser, Weather Resistant Macro Lens

£0.5
FREE Shipping

Fujifilm XF80 mm F2.8 R LM Optical Image Stabiliser, Weather Resistant Macro Lens

RRP: £1
Price: £0.5
£0.5 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

It’s a popular stylistic choice created by using a fast aperture, getting close to your subject, and shooting with your lens wide open. Beyond that, how do you feel about the increased interest in mirrorless cameras? I think there will be a place for DSLR cameras for quite a while longer but as mirrorless tech improves, so too will mirrorless cameras become a staple in our industry. Currently, the lenses made by Samyang are of great quality, at a competitive price point, and perform very well for what they are. Weighing in at 195g / 6.9 ounces and measuring 6.95cm / 2.7 inches in length, the XF 30mm F2.8 R LM WR Macro is a small and very lightweight standard prime lens. Alternatively, if you are shooting handheld, the 80mm features image stabilisation that provides 5-stop of anti-shake stabilisation.

Build quality is excellent for such an affordable lens. Despite its mixed metal and plastic construction, the XF 30mm F2.8 R LM WR Macro feels very solid in your hand, and it commendably has a metal mount. With respect to chromatic aberration, the Fujifilm XF 80mm f/2.8 does very well. I experienced purple fringing in limited cases and didn't have any issues with multi-color chromatic aberration. Purple fringing could easily be corrected during post-processing but I never felt that it was necessary with any of my shots with the XF 80mm. Disclaimer II: I’m an official X-photographer. My views are most likely as biased as they come. This being said, I’m an open and honest guy and I speak my opinions. Whether you believe my views of this lens or not, at least you get to see some images from Denmark 😛 With the XF80mm f/2.8 Fujifilm adresses the macro photographers, but they also included all the knowledge of the past 3 years of designing the great X-series lenses into this lens. You can even use the tele converters with this lens, to further enhance its functionality.At 80mm you get a 122mm full-frame equivalent field of view and some might find this an odd angle. It is not your standard 85mm for portrait or 135mm. I see little fault with the focal length and could easily adapt this for a range of topics. The XF 30mm F2.8 R LM WR Macro lens has an internal focusing (IF) system that uses a linear motor, which results in pleasingly fast, quiet and accurate auto-focusing on the X-T5 camera that we tested it with. The focus ring is very broad and sits across the middle of the lens. It’s covered in a rubber coating with a ridged texture and has a smooth glide like butter.

So long as you don't need to get closer than 2 feet (0.6 meters) or need stabilization, the 90mm f/2 is a better lens. The 80mm macro is excellent optically but it is heavy and large, and the AF is not as fast and reliable as the 30mm lens -- at least in my experience. This is a 1:1 macro lens. 1:1 macro means that the image at the sensor is the same size as the subject, which means that something 0.6 x 1" (16 x 24mm) can fill the frame. f/2.8 As the WR acronym in the product name denotes, this lens benefits from having a weather-resistant design to to help protect it against water and dust and allow it to fully operate in temperatures down to -10°C (14°F).However, this lens does offer autofocus - unlike the manual-focus-only Samyang 100mm f/2.8 ED UMC Macro which is one of this lens's biggest rivals. Furthermore, unlike lots of the best macro lenses, the lens offers five stops of built-in image stabilization to help compensate for the inevitable camera shake that you get when trying to handhold this lens.

The Fujifilm XF 80mm f/2.8 R LM OIS WR Macro doesn't exhibit any distortion, as you can see in the photo below, and vignetting is very well-controlled too even wide-open at f/2.8. There is something thrilling about owning a Zeiss lens. The logo itself is a moniker of high quality. That’s because, when your camera has been stabilized externally using high-end equipment, the very act of image stabilization can move the camera enough to undo the painstaking work already done by a professional. This new compact and lightweight macro lens is weather-sealed and has a minimum focusing distance of only 10cm/3.94in. Here is the Fujifilm Macro Lens Comparison Table of XF30mm Vs. XF60mm Vs. XF80mm. f/2.8, 1/8s, ISO 200. As you can see, there is very little purple fringing even in this particularly challenging shooting situation.

Adapt - there are hundreds of excellent used legacy film-era macro lenses 'out there'. Most are manual focus and most are now quite affordable. The classic 90-100-105mm conventional FF macro lens that focused by extension (as against IF) was an excellent sharp lens with great optical characteristics and far superior working distances to any of the Fuji options. If you want working distance as a prime consideration, consider adapting a 100mm lens. Or even a 180/200mm lens, though these tend to get rather large. While the lens isn’t exactly cheap, it sports a magnesium alloy shell, which keeps is resistant to weather and dust. As with virtually all Fuji lenses, the XF 30mm F2.8 R LM WR Macro lens has a traditional aperture ring on the lens barrel, which allows you to set the aperture in 1/3 steps, complete with full aperture markings running from f/2.8 to f/22. Functions well in low light due to its low aperture (2.4/f) but loses some of its clarity in the process

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop