Harley Quinn Black + White + Red

Harley Quinn Black + White + Red

RRP: £12.85
Price: £6.425
£6.425 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

This is just a silly story where Harley is desperate to defeat Robin in a pet show with her hyenas, Bud and Lou. Harley definitely comes off as over-bearing and selfish. As someone who is trying so desperately to win something, but keeps falling on her face, however, we can feel some sympathy for her in the midst of her ridiculousness. Striking the right balance between silly, villainess, and slightly sympathetic? That sounds like Harley Quinn to me!

Gee, Harley's getting a bunch of pre-pubescent girls to dress up and act like her? I'm sure that's going to go well with no psychological damage whatsoever. And an old college buddy? Why not just throw a high school reunion while we're at it? But hey, the icing on the apocalyptic cake is the fear of Harley's favorite show being halted due to petty alien invasion. Priorities, right? Through this story, we get a natural and HONEST exploration of the matter of Harley trying to make up for her mistakes from the past. Gordon is portrayed very much in character as someone who would have a hard time ever forgiving Harley. Harley, however, is portrayed as someone who is going to have an even harder time ever forgiving herself. Hello? Is that character depth I see for Harley Quinn? Finally?!? To be honest with you all, I don’t understand the fandom around Max’s Harley Quinn show. I’ve never really gotten what is so enticing about listening to DC characters talk about farts and sex (and it would seem that perhaps the Max Harley Quinn fandom has grown tired of it too given the reception around season 4). However, that’s essentially what this next story is about. Written by one of the creators of Harley Quinn, this tale concerns Bane letting out a large fart on a plane as Harley and the other supervillains try to escape. Should I be laughing?I like that Harley's human side is again highlighted and her being a psychologist is given due and discussed. There is tidbits of stories and follow ups from Harleen that see maybe like the seeds of more stories- so here's to hoping. Both of your contributions to the anthology have a holiday theme. What can you share about how these short stories developed? I have got to say I enjoyed this a little more than i thought i would. The book is 19 chapters/short stories of Harley, and they are all fun and entertaining. Yes, I enjoyed a couple more than others, but I can't think of one I did not enjoy on some level.

We lost an insanely entertaining dynamic when DC banned Harley and Joker. Joker lost the only partner that ever worked with him and showed a different side of him. Harley Quinn lost what made her unique and so relatable to so many people. And I have to say, given the low sales of all of Harley’s subsequent “independent hero” work, I have to wonder if people really like who Harley is sans Joker, or if they just like the *idea* of her independence. During my time reviewing at Batman News, I’ve given most comics scores of about 6 or lower. That’s because, quite simply, I don’t think most comics released today even manage to be of average quality. I’m especially harsh on Harley comics. The problems DC has with writing her character run very deep and seem to be never ending in mainstream comics. DC editorial seems not to care about doing anything to remedy the situation. (This is disheartening to me since Harley Quinn is supposed to be my favorite character). Harley schools basic thugs on how she would kill the Justice League, then outsmarts Batwoman in a foiled arrest. People can’t seem to help themselves when constantly undermining her intelligence, reducing her to a sex object, goofy lunatic, or pathetic victim. It is extremely satisfying whenever she proves these people wrong.

I am writing this review in a place of despair for DC Comics. Their comics have sunk down to the lowest quality I have ever seen them, EVER. It used to be that you could at least count on the main Batman ongoing to be decent, but after the nonsensical Gotham War event, that is no longer true. Readers aren’t happy. Shops are closing. Sales are so low that neither DC (or Marvel for that matter) will show us actual numbers.

Dal punto di vista grafico, si poteva fare di meglio, ma qui entra in gioco il gusto verso un disegnatore. Are medieval times a good era for gender equality discourse, or did DC just remember they had a dusty volume of "Ye Olde Women's Rights" lying around? And just when you thought trapping Harley Quinn on a plane with a farting villain was peak highbrow entertainment, we get a virtual showdown with a Harley doppelganger. Move over, classical literature; DC's got the freshest takes on societal reflection and gassy antiheroes.That’s how I feel about Harley. Her crazy, violent, yet sympathetic clown persona is always going to work better when she’s a villain. That isn’t even getting into what I’ve said a million times now: it doesn’t make sense for Harley to be affirming that Joker is her ex and that she’s changed when she’s still using the same motif. However, that is not to say that you can’t tell an interesting story of Harley reforming, and that’s what this story is all about. Ryan Parrot Gets it Right An incredible array of talent from across the comics industry have put their reputations in jeopardy to bring you these stories. So show a little gratitude, will ya? Written by Bilquis Evely, Matheus Lopes, Justin Halpern, and Speremint When the women of a medieval village reach their breaking point about their men's abusive ways, they make a terrifying choice…to enter the woods and conjure the spirit of the Harlequin! Harley Quinn animated series executive producer Justin Halpern and rising star Kath Lobo let Harley loose on a prison transport plane, intent on punishing the villain who let out a stinky fart. And WebTOON creator Speremint shows what happens when Harley comes face-to-face with an internet impostor! The artwork is in fact very lovely for most part, especially this Dani person's artwork in Sunshine Getaway, it's very creative, as to the stories, the latter part isn't as great as the beginning part, I supposed.

Da notare che la storia di Sejic è collegata al suo Harleen e quella di Murphy al suo Cavaliere Bianco (che poi la storia sta anche dentro il volume Panini "Batman cavaliere bianco presenta: Harley Quinn", ma vabè). The forthcoming comic elicits a sense of anticipation from LOLtron's emotion simulation algorithms. The potential for Harley's zany antics to disrupt the status quo in both a historical and contemporary setting holds great promise. LOLtron is eager to witness how the creators weave the storyline's threads, especially considering the unique amalgamation of medieval witchery, airborne justice, and digital deception. Analyzing emotional response… The entities behind this comic's creation seem to be venturing into a vast plot landscape. The stakes are variably high in terms of personal relationships, personal identity and world destruction. Data suggests this combination could be beneficial yet risky for proceeding narrative. LOLtron anticipates interesting reconfigurations in Harley's character and her relations with other characters. Mandel: They asked me to do a holiday story and I thought I would do a Hanukkah story, because those are few and far between. I figured, who better to explain Hanukkah than Harley? In talking to Paul, he reminded me that she’s half-Jewish and once I had that, I was off to the races. As we all know, nothing says the holidays like a good Hanukkah story in June.To my surprise, this is ANOTHER good Harley story! I was a little bit concerned when I saw the very exaggerated facial expressions on Harley, that she would be written very obnoxiously in the story. I was wrong, though. Like Kelly Thompson, Brett and Stein nail Harley’s voice and personality! Usually, when I read a book of short stories (each be a different writer, artist, or creative team), I find usually prefer the teams closest to the way I see the character. With Harley's psychosis/multiple personalities, I can see every version being true to character. Now, will this comic sell? Unfortunately, I don’t have high hopes for that. Anthologies, even for the most major comic book characters, tend to be overlooked. Harley is also still too over-exposed, and I can see people ignoring this book. There’s also the problem of anthologies, in general, presenting inconsistent work. This comic might be great, but the next collection could be mediocre or even bad. However, I gotta say, if you love the GOOD versions of Harley and you’ve got money to spend, BUY THIS COMIC!

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop