Project Tube Box S Turntable Pre-Amplifier (Black)

£9.9
FREE Shipping

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Subsonic Filter:The Subsonic filter (-12dB/octave @ 20Hz) helps to reduce low-frequency rumble and wasted amplifier power. The Subsonic filter dip-switch is located on the bottom of the phono preamp. So, if you have one of those fancy turntables that have dual tonearms, you can use the DS2 preamp for it. 4. Remote Power On

Engaging the subsonic filter (also available via front panel pushbutton produces less low frequency rumble, but it also takes from a lot of the energy in the music resulting in an emotionally “flat” sound. Pro-Ject lists the filter as 20Hz with a slope of 18dB/octave however, the “20Hz” part confuses me because the filter doesn’t sound like it starts to drop at 20Hz. In fact, it sounds like it drops off at around 30-35Hz.

Cons

New Tubes: Whether you want to buy brand new or NOS, tube rolling is definitely the way to go if you want to fine tune to your specific tastes your system’s synergy. My statement is not new or biased, I have read hundreds of articles on the web on this subject, and although there are isolated cases of users who declare to use 47 KOhms, they are the exception, not the rule. We also recommend this preamp for those into tube rolling and sound shaping. The reason for that is that it’s easy to swap the tubes. So, you can use a wide range of tubes without a hassle. Who Should Get Pro-Ject Tube Box DS2 and Why? The Bellari VP130 Tube Phono Preamplifier is a great option if you want a premium preamp that works excellently. This preamp has a beautiful shiny vintage red finish, curved edges, and intuitive controls.

Sometimes the turntable, speakers, or amplifier produce low-frequency vibrations, which are also known by the name rumble.The best thing about Pro-Ject is that it doesn’t like to jam its product line with unnecessary versions of the same product. You’ll always find major differences between its products tailored to its customer’s liking.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop