Nanny Mcphee: The Collected Tales Of Nurse Matilda

Nanny Mcphee: The Collected Tales Of Nurse Matilda

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

What they get instead is Nurse Matilda, a magical woman who is able to hoist them with their own petards with just one rap of her big, black stick. Much magic ensues including a crow that eats window putty, a sorcerously souped-up motorcycle, and little piggies that do synchronized swimming (yes, you read it right. Given two minutes alone and they’re playing practical jokes that make Bart Simpson look like Little Lord Fauntleroy. Since their father is always working, the kids have been growing up with several different nannies that they all somehow scare away.

She's also included a great glossary for kids that explains about directors and producers and gaffers and runners, so they know what each person does on the film. Every adult is idiotic and can easily be made to believe that a horse wearing a pink hat is one of the little girls, or that children eating jam are really cannibals, etc. I found a copy of the Nurse Matilda trilogy movie tie-in edition at our local Goodwill for a few bucks and figured that I'd take the opportunity to read these stories and then watch the Nanny McPhee movies starring Emma Thompson.I can see why it led to a fun-filled movie, but each of the tales within the book seemed more of the same. Brown was very sweet but she really was rather foolish about her dear, darling children, and never could believe that they could really be naughty.

My name is Carrie and I wear a lot of different hats: wife, mother, friend, reader, watercolor artist, traveler, etc. and "Twist for Twist" (EQMM, May 1967) and for a nonfiction work about a Scottish murder case, Heaven Knows Who (1960). The Green family is trying to survive the war in their house in the country, but unfortunately they are not out of harm's way. They are fighting wildly, wreaking havoc and destruction and ignoring Isabel's pleas to stop when there is a sudden knock at the door from, of course, the terrifyingly ugly, magical Nanny McPhee.

Cedric swiftly understands his children do not like the bride and, recognizing that she is not right for him or his children, joins in the commotion himself. Also, there's a scene in which one naughty child cut off the elastic of another girl's knickers using a pair of scissors. Had the characters had the same names i think it would have made more sense to them even if the storylines were different. Nurse Matilda arrives at the household of the Brown family and becomes a nanny to the innumerable Brown children. In the second book, the children are sent to live with their domineering Great Aunt Adelaide in her London manor.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop